Are you an adrenaline junkie in need of a fix? There are indoor amusement parks all across the country, and in parts of Canada, so we here at Metro Parent asked around to find some of the best ones.
Check out this roundup and start planning your trip.
Circus Circus Adventuredome
- Address: 2880 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, Nevada
- Hours: Hours vary daily; check the online calendar before visiting
This Las Vegas spot offers five acres of climate-controlled, and family-friendly, indoor fun including two coaster rides, a pirate swing, bumper cars and a carousel; plus junior rides, laser tag and 4-D experiences. All riders must be over 33″ tall.
- Address: 500 Rexdale Blvd., Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
- Hours: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday
This spot has been serving screams and laughs since 1985, and boasts being the largest indoor amusement park in Ontario. Make the trek over the border to enjoy all 10 of the full-sized rides offered here, plus a full midway, a 5500 square-foot soft play area, arcade and more.
- Address: 13700 Beechnut St., Houston, Texas
- Hours: 5-10 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 4 p.m.-midnight Friday, 11 a.m.-midnight Saturday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Sunday
The Houston FunPlex has everything a family wants in an indoor amusement park: exhilarating rides, engaging arcade games, highflying playscapes and much more. Plus, with more than two hundred games, including virtual reality options, there’s something for family members of all ages.
- Address: West Edmonton Mall, 8882 170 St. N.W., Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Hours: Hours may change without notice; check the online calendar for the most up-to-date information.
This spot, located in the West Edmonton Mall in Alberta, features more than 27 rides and attractions, including a roller coaster and swing ride; plus play areas for younger kids, making it one of the largest indoor amusement parks in the world.
I Play America
- Address: 110 Schanck Road, Freehold, New Jersey
- Hours: 4 p.m.-9 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, 4-11 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday, closed Monday and Tuesday
Step into a galaxy and battle it out in this spot’s two story laser tag arena, take a spin on the go-kart track, enjoy rides like the Spin Zone Bumper Cars, Kite Flyer, Skyscraper, Dizzy Dragons, carousel and Freedom Rider, test your nerve on the ropes course, hang out in the arcade and more.
Tom Foolerys Adventure Park by Kalahari
- Address: 1305 Kalahari Drive, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- Hours: m.-10 p.m. Sunday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday and Saturday
Kalahari is well-known as being the ultimate water park, but did you know the Wisconsin location has an over 100,000 square-foot indoor theme park, too? It features a six-story Ferris wheel, an African-themed carousel, ropes course and climbing wall; plus a 24-lane bowling alley, golf simulator, elevated go karts, mini golf and more.
Mount Olympus Theme Park
- Address: 1701 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- Hours: Open mid September to mid May, hours vary. Check the online calendar for the most accurate information.
Find an alien ball pit, arcade, laser tag and rock climbing wall; plus oodles and oodles of classic family-friendly rides including spinning tea cups, kiddie swings, bumper cars and crazy trolley. Also find indoor and outdoor waterparks and an outdoor family amusement park in the summer.
- Address: 5000 Center Court, Bloomington, Minnesota
- Hours: Noon-8 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday
The Mall of America is the home of this Nickelodeon-themed park, which features 27 rides, including three roller coasters, classic carnival rides, pint-sized thrills and more. They also offer an adventure course, complete with zipline, and adventure golf.
Nickelodeon Universe, New Jersey
- Address: 1 American Dream Way, East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Hours: Hours vary by season and by day. Check out the hours for your specific days here.
Opened in 2019, this New Jersey branch of Nickelodeon Universe has an abundance of rides based on your favorite Nickelodeon cartoons, including roller coasters, family-friendly rides, and some rides just for tots. Look out for other exciting attractions at American Dream as well.
This post was originally published in 2016 and is updated regularly.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.