Calling all parents of children ages 10 and under! Do you want to get your kids away from their screens and playing? There’s a new indoor play place to help with that goal.
Fascination Factory is ready for families to explore and use their imaginations. This children’s education concept center features sustainable S.T.E.A.M.-focused toys and rotates stations so there are new activities for your kids to enjoy all the time, ensuring they never get bored! It was designed by a mother during her breast cancer recovery while raising twin daughters.
Quick details about Fascination Factory:
- Address: 2295 E. Lincoln St., Suite 150, Birmingham
- Hours: 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday; closed on Sunday for private parties, Monday for private classes and Tuesday for cleaning.
- Cost: $30/visit (discounted rate for multiple children), $99/month for month-to-month membership, $1,069.20/yearly membership paid in full
- Types of classes offered: Art, music and American Sign Language
Tips for families when visiting:
- Register ahead of time online to guarantee the time and day you want.
- You can bring your own snacks, but they must be nut free and kept in the café area only.
- Check out the gift shop, which is filled with many of the curated toys your child played with in the center. It offers free local deliveries and gift wrapping, too.
- The café and retail section are cashless, so make sure to bring your credit card with you.
Things to do near Fascination Factory:
- Stop for breakfast or lunch at Whistle Stop Diner in Birmingham. The kids menu features eggs and toast, pancakes, French toast, hamburgers, cheeseburgers and grilled cheese.
- Need some fresh air? Walk to Kenning Park, which is just minutes away.
- Visit Birmingham Ice Arena and participate in open skating.