From the same producers of Immersive Van Gogh comes The Immersive Nutcracker: A Winter Miracle, just in time for the holidays.
Immersive Nutcracker squeezes new life into the classic tale with giant projections, over-sized storybook elements and over-the-top holiday scenery. The experience uses all 500,000 cubic feet, plus virtual reality, to bring families a fresh take on the beloved tale. Visitors have the opportunity for a holiday photo shoot using the festive settings and decor.
Quick details about Immersive Nutcracker
- Address: Lighthouse ArtSpace Detroit, 311 E Grand River Ave., Detroit
- Cost: $30 per person and 20 percent off tickets for groups of 10 or more.
Immersive Nutcracker runs Nov. 19, 2022 to Jan. 2, 2023, with sessions running from 1-3 p.m. on most days, though some days have extended hours. The interactive installation is located inside Lighthouse ArtSpace in downtown Detroit.
Tips for families when visiting Immersive Nutcracker
- If you’re unfamiliar with the area, be sure the directions are taking the family to Grand River Avenue versus Grand Boulevard.
- Families can save on admissions prices with ticket packs for groups of four or more. Every ticket comes with a small gift, but premium ticket buyers leave with an ornament, too.
- The opera house parking lot is located nearby for easy parking. If parking on the street, download the ParkDetroit app before coming downtown.
- Lighthouse ArtSpace is near Ford Field. If there’s a football game, expect a lot of traffic.
Things to do near the Immersive Nutcracker
- A ten minute walk from Lighthouse ArtSpace will take you to the Monroe Street Midway, where kids can go down an arctic slide, play putt putt or get jostled in a bumper car.
- The Detroit Institute of Arts, which offers free admission to all Macomb, Oakland and Wayne County residents, is running a Van Gogh installation through Jan. 22.
- Take the kids skating at the Campus Martius ice rink under the holiday lights. Tickets and rentals are first come, first served–no reservations. A series of holiday pop up shops are located near the rink at Cadillac Square as well.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.