Families can come out to The Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation to see their newest exhibit, Julia Child: A Recipe for Life. This exhibit will explore the key ingredients that led to Julia’s personal evolution and America’s culinary revolution.
In this exhibit, you’ll experience sounds and smells from Julia’s kitchen, videos, audio, photography, interactive The French Chef TV set and more.
Quick details about Julia Child: A Recipe for Life
- Address: The Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation, 20900 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn
- Dates: May 20-Sept. 10, 2023
- Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily
- Cost: Free w/ museum admission and for members; Tickets: $30/ages 12-61, $27/ages 62-plus, $22.50/ages 5-11, free/ages 4 and under
Tips for families when visiting Julia Child: A Recipe for Life
- Buy tickets online to avoid the line when you get to the museum.
- Enjoy Julia-Child inspired recipes like tomato Provençal, ratatouille and cassoulet of pork at Plum Kitchen Market.
- Gleaners Community Food Bank will be on-site to share information on their program, Cooking Matters. They will also be hosting a kid-friendly activity on healthy eating. It will take place from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday, June 24, 2023.
- See on-site cooking demonstrations outside of The Gallery by General Motors. The demos will be there at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Thursdays, June 22, July 27 and Aug. 24, 2023.
- Visitors can take a Julia-Child inspired recipe card home and also fill out their own recipe card to share their own favorite dishes with others. This will be located outside The Gallery by General Motors.
- The Liberty Craftworks pottery artisans in Greenfield Village have created a 2023 collection of Julia-Child inspired kitchen essentials, such as small mixing bowls, utensil holders, spoon rests and more. They will be available to purchase on site or online.
- Enjoy a film at Giant Screen Experience. See the documentary film, Julia (2021) at 5 p.m. on June 24, July 22, Aug. 26 and Sept. 2, 2023 or the Hollywood film, Julie & Julia (2009) at 7 p.m. Aug. 18, 2023.
- Be sure to use our family museum guide when visiting The Henry Ford.
Things to do near The Henry Ford of American Innovation
- If you’re looking to do another museum, head to The Arab American National Museum (AANM). It’s the first and only museum in the U.S. that’s devoted to Arab-American history and culture. On select Saturdays, they do a free English-Arabic Storytime.
- Eat at IceBurg Dearborn, which has burgers, loaded fries, nachos, salads, chicken, fold over sandwiches, desserts and more.
- Stop by Ford Field Park for scenic views of the Rouge River and through the covered bridge. Let your kids play on the play place and have a picnic at the park.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.