How is your family decorating your home for Halloween this year? Do you build a haunted house in your front yard or do you prefer to stick to carving pumpkins? You don’t always have to have an elaborate display to get in the Halloween spirit. The paper crafting supply makers at Xyron had that attitude in mind when they created these two projects we’re sharing with our Make It readers: a simple, framed “Happy Halloween” sign and cute paper bat wand.
- Trim the scrapbook paper to 8-by-10 inches. If you want to decorate or embellish your picture frame, do that now, too.
- Pull out the paper insert from the frame, flip it over and apply the Mega Runner adhesive liberally. Press the 8-by-10-inch paper to insert.
- Run the Halloween die cuts through the 5-inch Creative Station and apply to the 8-by-10-inch paper.
- Once you’re decorating is complete, assemble the frame.
- Two foam bat shapes
- Xyron 5-inch Creative Station with Permanent Adhesive refill
- Wooden barbecue skewer
- Googly eyes
- Adhesive dots or glue stick
- Run one foam shape through the Creative Station.
- Peel the foam shape from the backing and lay face down on the table (adhesive side up).
- Lay the barbecue skewer flat against the center of the foam shape, making sure the sharp side is on top. The adhesive will hold it in place.
- Place the second foam shape on top of the skewer and first foam shape on the table.
- Adhere googly eyes with adhesive dots or glue.
- Decorate the wand with additional stickers, rhinestones, ribbon, etc. if desired. You can see the bat being made in this video, too, over on Xyron’s YouTube channel.