Cosmic bowling, or “glow bowling,” is a popular and fun activity for kids and adults alike. The black lights, loud music and glowing decor make for an exciting and out-of-the-ordinary family activity.
And if you’ve been searching for cosmic bowling in metro Detroit and Ann Arbor, you’ve found yourself in the right spot. After all, putt-putt miniature golf courses aren’t the only spots with that “glowing” sports fun!
There are a lot of bowling centers in southeast Michigan that offer cosmic bowling during the week, so there are plenty of close and affordable options for a night out with the kids – or even just with friends or for a date night, because it’s fun for every age. Get all of the info you need, including cosmic bowling hours and prices.
- Address: 2666 Metropolitan Parkway, Sterling Heights
- Hours: 9 a.m.-midnight daily
This family-owned alley offers cosmic bowling with state-of-the-art sound, lights and music. It’s hosted later at night, so it might be a better pick for a special treat for older kids.
- Address: 100 S. Cass Lake Road, Waterford
- Hours: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. daily
This massive bowling alley also has 52 lanes for your enjoyment, as well as two bars and a grill for food and drinks. Ask about the free Wi-Fi.
- Address: 32388 John R. Road, Madison Heights
- Hours: 3-11 p.m. Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, closed Sunday-Tuesday and Thursday
Complete with the Stadium Bar and the ProShop, this alley has everything you could need for a night out, including a full bar and snacks.
- Address: 7345 Highland Road, Waterford
- Hours: Noon-10 p.m. Monday, 4-10 p.m. Tuesday and Sunday, closed Wednesday, noon- 11 p.m. Thursday, 4 p.m.-midnight Friday and Saturday
Century Bowl is a great spot for a day of family fun. There is plenty of space for everyone, and there is also a grill in the bowling alley that supplies plenty of food at good prices.
- Address: 2145 Avon Industrial Drive, Rochester Hills
- Hours: 3-11 p.m. Monday, 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Tuesday and Friday, noon-11 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
Not only can you go glow bowling as a family, but kids and adults can book birthday parties with glow bowling as well.
- Address: 23100 Van Born Road, Dearborn Heights
- Hours: 11 a.m.- 11 p.m. Monday-Thursday and Sunday, 11 a.m.- midnight Friday and Saturday
Ford Lanes also has youth leagues, as well as party hosting.
- Address: 3490 W. 12 Mile Road, Berkley
- Hours: 5-11 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 5 p.m.-midnight Friday, 2 p.m.-midnight Saturday, 2 p.m.-10 p.m. Sunday
At this bowling alley, even the lanes glow in the dark. There are plenty of runway lights, fog machines and loud music at Hartfield Lanes, so bring the kids or your friends.
- Address: 44650 Garfield Road, Clinton Township
- Hours: 11 a.m.-midnight Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-1 a.m. Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-midnight Sunday
At the I-Bar, mom and dad can check out the seasonal drinks or the big game. Book cosmic bowling birthdays here, too.
- Address: 46255 1-94 S. Service Drive, Belleville
- Hours: 5-10 p.m. Monday, closed Tuesday, noon-10 p.m. Wednesday, noon-9 p.m. Thursday, noon-midnight Friday and Saturday, 6-9 p.m. Sunday
Complete with 40 lanes, this family owned bowling alley is ready for your next night out. The bar and grill is ready to take your food order, so you don’t have to stop the fun when you get hungry. When entering the address into a GPS, be sure to use the address listed above instead of “Lodge Lanes.”
- Address: 21700 Novi Road, Novi
- Hours: Noon-11 p.m. Monday-Friday, noon-midnight Saturday, 2 p.m.-10 p.m. Sunday
Enjoy an evening of glow-in-the-dark cosmic bowling at this Oakland County spot. Offers billiards, arcade games and a full-service kitchen. Plus, karaoke every Thursday from 7-10 p.m.
- Address: 35000 Grand River Ave., Farmington Hills
- Hours: 5 p.m.-10 p.m. Monday, 5 p.m.-11 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, noon-11 p.m. Saturday, noon-10 p.m. Sunday
Make your reservations early for this hot spot, because you don’t want to miss the colorful lights, disco ball and music. There is also laser tag and an arcade.
- Address: 700 N. Lafayette St., South Lyon
- Hours: 4-10 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, noon-10 p.m. Thursday, 4 p.m.-midnight Friday, noon-midnight saturday, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, closed Mondays
Pinz Bowling Center has 28 lanes, and all are available with bumpers for kids to use. The bar and restaurant provide pizza, burgers and more, along with 14 beers on tap for parents. It offers special all-you-can-bowl deals with fun perks, too.
- Address: 33151 23 Mile Road, New Baltimore
- Hours: 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Monday and Sunday, 11 a.m.-1 a.m. Tuesday, 11 a.m.-midnight Wednesday and Thursday, 11 a.m.-2 a.m. Friday and Saturday
Cosmic bowling takes center stage at this alley–stop by to experience black lights, spot lights, strobes, loud music and even glow-in-the-dark lanes. With 34 lanes and plenty of bumper bowling, this 50,000 square foot complex has enough space for the whole family and friends, too.
- Address: 6701 Roosevelt Ave., Allen Park
- Hours: 5-11 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, noon-11 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, closed Monday
Everything glows during Extreme Glow Bowling at Roosevelt Lanes. They also do glow bowling parties, so check them out for your next event.
- Address: 31100 Harper Ave., St. Clair Shores
- Hours: Noon-9 p.m. Monday, 3-10 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday, noon-11 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday
When it’s not nice enough to go to the lake, stay inside and bowl at Shore Lanes. Come check out the great bowling alley and great food.
- Address: 40 Crocker Blvd., Mount Clemens
- Hours: 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday and Saturday, noon-10 p.m. Sunday
This bowling spot is known for great food, drinks and fun. Come in and enjoy live bands, billiards and darts alongside your cosmic bowling. Music video karaoke every Thursday and Saturday 7-11 p.m.
- Address: 4200 Allen Road, Allen Park
- Hours: 4-11 p.m. Monday, 3-11 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Wednesday and Sunday, 9 a.m.-midnight Friday and Saturday
This bowling alley features a whole area dedicated to cosmic bowling, complete with 16 lanes, the top 50 music videos, a free video game arcade and cool lighting. There are also two other areas that have regular bowling.
- Address: 8265 Richardson Road, Commerce
- Hours: 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 11 a.m.-midnight Friday and Saturday, Sunday hours vary seasonally
This bowling alley not only has great games for everyone, but also has the Mad Hatter Pub and Grill. Check out the great food for kids and great drinks for mom and dad.
This post is updated regularly.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.