Santa Claus is coming to town! And while we’re waiting for his visit, we know families are busy preparing for the holiday celebrations.
Have the holliest and jolliest Christmas from the comfort from your own home and this at-home Christmas guide is here to help with craft and recipe ideas, plus activities that you can do safely this year.
We’re already in December and you know what that means — it’s time to find the perfect presents for everyone on your list.
While it might be easier to click a few links on Amazon and have everything delivered to your door, the small businesses in metro Detroit and Ann Arbor need your support this year more than ever.
Here are a few lists of shops to check out this year.
- Independent Toy Stores in Metro Detroit and Ann Arbor
- Black-Owned Businesses in Metro Detroit and Ann Arbor
- Holiday Markets and Craft Fairs
Whether you eat a large dinner as a family or just want some delicious snacks to eat while opening presents, food is a big part of this holiday and these fun recipes can help you add a little flair to your menu.
- Season’s Eatings: Christmas Cookie Spirit Scale: These six cookie recipes including Cherry Corrdial cookies and Krisp Kringles are sure to please everyone on your list (even the real Grinches).
- Christmas Dinner Recipes for the Family: Need a new dinner idea? Try Christmas sweet potato casserole, stollen bread, spice-rubbed ham and more.
- Morning Baked Goods Ideas: Make the morning opening presents a little sweeter with eggnog breakfast bread pudding, stacked cinnamon roll Christmas tree and others.
Enjoy the traditional holiday events in metro Detroit and Ann Arbor including plenty of things to do with your family at or near home.
- Nutcracker and Holiday Shows
- Places to Visit Santa
- Where to Chop A Fresh Christmas Tree
- Watch This, Do That: Family Holiday Movies
- Holiday Displays and Tree Lightings
- Neighborhood Holiday Displays