Are your kids missing their favorite local play spot? With the state mandated COVID-19 protocols, many play places and venues in metro Detroit and Ann Arbor are offering families time slots that they can reserve in order to keep capacities at a low.
Most of these family-friendly venues have their customers purchase their tickets or times online, wear masks, remain social distanced and more. This is perfect for parents that are still uncomfortable taking their kids to places with a lot of people.
Check out this list to see if your kids’ favorite spot offers private reservations and enjoy a safe afternoon of fun with your kids. Note: Every place is different, so make sure to call or check their websites for their COVID protocols and anything you may need to know before going.
- Ann Arbor: 800 W. Eisenhower Pkwy, 734-470-0040
- Canton/Westland: 36901 Warren Road, 734-215-2400
- Novi: 44255 12 Mile Road, 248-671-1700
- Sterling Heights: 44855 Hayes Road, 586-788-7800
- Hours: Hours vary by location
- Cost: $15/1 hour, $25/2 hours, $30/3 hours, $5/under an hour
Must wear Airtime safety grip socks ($3/pair or $10/5 pairs). Reserve your spot on your location’s website. Pre-pay online.
- Address: 26450 Ford Road, Dearborn Heights
- Phone: 313-551-3626
- Hours: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: $750/50 people
A fun prehistoric place for kids. Reserve the whole place for a three-hour time span. Daily sanitization with an electronic sprayer.
- Address: 35490 Groesbeck Hwy., Clinton Township
- Phone: 586-267-1150
- Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Cost: $275/1 hour and 15 min., $350/2 hours
The packages are for groups of 10 players. For ages 7 and up. Rival blasters used to play flag wars, tag, humans vs. zombies and more. Blasters and safety goggles are provided.
- Canton: 6481 Canton Center Road, 734-927-6680
- Clinton Township: 44595 Enterprise Dr., 586-203-0500
- Farmington Hills: 27658 Middlebelt Road, 248-919-3284
- Hours: Hours vary, check your location
- Cost: $10/children, $2/adults
Reserve your spot on their website and prepay for it. Playtime is for two hours.
- Address: 13939 Michigan Ave., Dearborn
- Phone: 313-771-9000
- Hours: 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: $4.99-$14.99
Schedule your appointment online to play. Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to check-in.
- Address: 509 State Circle, Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-769-0263
- Hours: Vary depending on what’s available
- Cost: $10/person with a $30 minimum fee. $229/50 people
Payment required at time of booking. Schedule an appointment time to play for 90 minutes to 1-hour.
- Address: 4362 Baldwin Road, Auburn Hills
- Phone: 248-392-2121
- Hours: Vary by date; check on website
- Cost: Start at $22.50 for adult and child combo; annual passes available
Reserve a two-hour play session for your kiddos. For children eight and younger.
- Auburn Hills: 1720 Opdyke Ct., 248-375-1100
- Shelby Township: 15117 Commercial Dr., 586-416-4386
- Taylor: 25710 Northline Road, 734-946-2017
- Wixom: 28373 Beck Road, Unit H, 248-912-1090
- Hours: Check location for hours
- Cost: Weekends: $300/15 kids, $325/25 kids; Weekdays: $230/10 kids, $280/15 kids, $305/25 kids, $10/additional kid on weekends and weekdays
Have the place to yourself when you reserve a two-hour time slot. Schedule on website.
- Address: 380 E. Second St.
- Phone: 248-650-7529
- Hours: For private play Thursdays and Sundays
- Cost: $150/1 hour for 15 guests, $5/for each additional guest
Enjoy the place with your friends and family members. Call to make a reservation.
- Address: 700 N. Pontiac Trail Road, Walled Lake
- Phone: 248-669-1400
- Hours: 10 a.m. Monday-Thursday & Sunday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday-Saturday
- Cost: $500+ for a private party
An indoor family fun center that has arcade games, a laser tag arena, skeeball, bowling and more. Not open to the public, only for private parties.
- Address: 16658 15 Mile Road, Fraser
- Phone: 586-359-2401
- Hours: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-10:30 p.m. Friday, noon-10:30 p.m. Saturday, noon-7:30 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: $15/ages 9 and under, $20/ages 10-17, $25/adults
Great for the whole family. There are four games to choose from – On the Radio, The Locker Room, Campout and Superhero University. Each room fits ten people comfortably. Book and pay online.
- Oxford: 925 N. Lapeer Road, 248-850-1077
- Sterling Heights: 12050 Hall Road, 586-822-2122
- Hours: Check online for hours available that day
- Cost: $8.99-$29.99/ticket.
Reservation slots online are for two-hours long. Must purchase Urban Air socks with grips on the bottom for $2.99 each. Livonia location coming soon!
- Address: 8044 N. Middlebelt Road, Westland
- Phone: 734-956-5500
- Hours: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. daily
- Cost: $300/weekdays, $400/weekends
Party packages are for 30 guests for 2.5 hours. Facility is sanitized throughout the day.
Do you know of other fun centers offering reservations? Share them with us in the comments and we’ll add them to our list.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.