The leaves are changing color, days are getting shorter and the brisk air is moving in. Yep, it’s officially fall in southeast Michigan — and we bet you’re looking for fun fall activities to do with your kids.
Well, look no further. We’ve rounded up all kids of fall fun ideas from indoor and at-home activities to inspiration for your big Halloween gathering. Plus, metro Detroit and Ann Arbor spots to pick pumpkins, peek leaves and get lost in corn.
So, bookmark this page and return to it when you’re looking for the perfect fall activity. Or, download it and keep it with you wherever you go.
Outdoor fall fun
The days may be shorter and a bit chillier but don’t let that stop you from heading out and enjoying all our mitten state has to offer. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Fall Color Tours in Michigan
- Pumpkin Patches in metro Detroit and Ann Arbor
- Cider Mills and Apple Orchards in Metro Detroit and Ann Arbor
- Corn Mazes to Get Lost in This Fall
- What’s Going On with Cedar Point’s Halloweekends?
- Outdoor Fall Activities for Michigan Families
- Outdoor Art Displays to See with Your Kids
- Drive-In Movies to See This Fall
At-Home Fall Fun
Do you prefer to keep a little bit closer to home this time of year? Try some of these at-home activities:
Fall Fests and Events
Metro Detroit and Ann Arbor are packed with outdoor festivals and indoor activities all year long! Here are some festivals happening in our area in September, October and November.
- September Fairs and Festivals in Metro Detroit and Ann Arbor
- October Fairs and Festivals in Metro Detroit and Ann Arbor
- November Fairs and Festivals in Metro Detroit and Ann Arbor
Plus, here’s the latest details on your favorite local events this fall…
- El Dia De Los Muertos at the Detroit Institute of Arts
- Hallowe’en at Greenfield Village
- Wilson Barn PumpkinFest
- America’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
Halloween inspo, activities and information
With fall comes Spooky Season! And with that comes plenty of unique ideas for fun — from pumpkin carving ideas, costumes inspiration, places to get your trick-or-treat on and even stories that’ll spook your kids:
- Fun Ways to Decorate a Pumpkin
- 10 Black-and-White Halloween Crafts to Try at Home
- Haunted Houses and Corn Mazes to Spook Your Kids
- Trunk-or-treating in Metro Detroit and Ann Arbor
- Local Halloween Displays to See with Kids
- Michigan Urban Legends to Spook Your Teens
We also have information on the Teal Pumpkin Project and how to tell if your child’s candy is really safe.
Teaching our kids to be thankful is an important lesson and the start holiday season is the perfect time to teach it. Here are some ways to teach your children to teach your kids to be grateful:
Plus, here are some ideas on how to celebrate Thanksgiving this year…