The Oakland County Fair is back and it’s packed full of fun activities for the whole family. Come out July 5-14, 2019 and join in the festivities.
Every day of this July fair, families can see Birdman-3, the Barnyard Express, Prehistoric Adventures and many other daily attractions. And of course, check out the Big Rock Amusement Carnival for over two dozen great rides, including their 80-foot gondola wheel, so aptly named, Giant Wheel.
There are so many family-friendly events to try out this year, too. In addition to grandstand shows like the off road derby, rodeo and monster trucks, there’s pig races, live musical performances, a circus, live animal presentations and so much more.
Some days even have a different theme for the activities or admission:
- Friday, July 5: Opening Day and Armed Forces Day
- Saturday, July 6: Happiness Rocks Day
- Sunday, July 7: Pinewood Derby
- Monday, July 8: Senior Day
- Tuesday, July 9: Toddler Day
- Wednesday, July 10: Kids Day
- Thursday, July 11: Individuals with Disabilities Day
- Friday, July 12: Science Day
- Saturday, July 13: Experience the Magic Day
- Sunday, July 14: Family Fun Day
The fair is open 9 a.m.-11 p.m. daily, except on July 14 when hours are 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Specific times for the events within the fair vary. Be sure to check out the full schedule online.
Admission to the event is $6/walk-in and $12/parking. Grandstand admission is $10/adults and $5/kids. Daily ride wristbands are $15-$25 depending on the day you’re visiting (a fair-long pass is $60).
This post was originally published in 2016 and is updated regularly.