There’s nothing like a warm and syrupy stack of pancakes to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside — and thanks to the variety of pancake spots in southeast Michigan, there’s no shortage of flapjacks for families that need their fix.
Here, find details on 10 local eateries that serve up everything from traditional buttermilk and blueberry options to red velvet cake, chocolate chip and more. Plus, they offer all of your favorite breakfast side dishes, including sausage, hash browns and eggs.
Give these spots a try when your kids are asking for breakfast for dinner or when you’re craving something sweet in the morning.
- Address: 251 E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor
- Hours: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday, closed Monday
Breakfast is served until 11:30 a.m. Tuesday-Friday and all day Saturday-Sunday. Get your fill of plain pan-grilled pancakes topped with strawberries, blueberries, peaches or pecans.
- Address: 2701 E. Jefferson, Detroit
- Hours: 8 a.m.-4 p.m. daily
This spot serves up strawberry, blueberry, Hawaiian, Nutella, banana, pumpkin spice and more flavors of pancakes. Plus, try Cinnamon Roll French Toast, waffles, crepes, eggs benedict, omelets and much more.
- Address: 7031 Michigan Ave., Detroit
- Hours: 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, closed Saturday and Sunday
Their full menu offers your favorites including burgers, pita wraps and sandwiches. Breakfast is served until 11 a.m. for no extra charge (add $1 after 11 a.m.). Get a half-stack or full-stack of pancakes for $4-$5.
- Address: 3030 Lohr Circle, Ann Arbor
- Hours: 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
Swing by for breakfast or lunch and get your fill of old-fashioned buttermilk, chocolate chip, banana, strawberry, apple cinnamon or peanut butter chip pancakes. They offer French toast, Belgian waffles, breakfast bowls and jumbo omelets, too.
- Address: 13693 23 Mile Road, Shelby Township
- Hours: 6:30-4 p.m. daily
Specialty pancakes at this “genuinely family-friendly” spot include Southwest garden, which comes with onion, tomato, jalepeño, cilantro and pepperjack cheese, German pancakes, and old-fashioned apple, among others. Plus, try homemade crepes, omelets and more.
- Address: 29295 Southfield Road, Southfield
- Hours: 8 a.m.-2 p.m. daily
Pancakes are $2 each per stack and come in blueberry, strawberry, peach, apple, banana, pineapple and more. You can get two standard buttermilk for $4 or four for $8. Signature pancakes like orange creamsicle, double chocolate, German chocolate and Lemon Ice are $7.
- Address: Locations in Grosse Pointe Farms, Rochester Hills, West Bloomfield, Lathrup Village and Ann Arbor
- Hours: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. daily
The menu varies by location, but some pancake flavors include original buttermilk, Oreo, red velvet and fruit explosion.
- Address: 33703 Woodward Ave., Birmingham, 20273 Mack Ave., Grosse Pointe and 19355 W. 10 Mile Road, Southfield
- Hours: Contact your chosen location for details
Order bacon, pecan, buckwheat, chocolate chip, banana and other pancake flavors with a side of eggs, sausage or ham. They serve omelets, crepes and Belgian waffles, too.
- Address: 203 Pierce St., Birmingham and 23144 Woodward Ave., Ferndale
- Hours: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
This spot offers all of your breakfast favorites including gourmet omelets, hash and avocado toast. Pancake options include Fat Elvis, which is caramelized banana with a peanut butter sauce, buttermilk, blueberries and chocolate chip.
- Address: 25994 Woodward Ave., Royal Oak
- Hours: 8 a.m.-8 p.m. daily
This spot prides itself on creating some of the most unique pancakes options in the area. Choose from classics like banana nut, strawberry or blueberry pancakes or get more adventurous and try pineapple, s’mores, pumpkin or potato. Belgian waffles, crepes and French toast, too.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.