If you’re planning to take your kids out to a Detroit Red Wings game this season, then take a look at our family guide.
Quick details about Little Caesars Arena
@metroparent Let’s go Red Wings! 🗣️ We went to to see a @Detroit Red Wings hockey game! 🏒🥅 #metroparent #MPmoment #metrodetroit #detroitredwings #littlecaesarsarena ♬ New Romantics (Taylor’s Version) – Taylor Swift
- Address: 2645 Woodward Ave., Detroit
- Season: The regular season began on Oct. 12, 2023, and goes until April 16, 2024.
- Parking: There are 32 parking locations within a 10-minute walk from the arena. If you want to book your parking in advance, visit ParkDistrictDetroit.com. Event parking begins four hours before the event and two hours after the event.
Purchasing Tickets for a Detroit Red Wings Game
- Take a virtual tour of Little Caesars Arena before booking your tickets.
- Purchase single-game tickets or choose from a five-game plan or 10-game plan. They also offer student rush discounted tickets, which are available for students with a .edu email address up to 48 hours before select home games.
- Check out the special ticket offers to see what prizes the Red Wings are giving away for specific games.
Tips for families attending a Detroit Red Wings Game
- Little Caesars Arena has adopted a no-bag policy – bags, purses and clutches cannot be larger than 4” x 6” x 1.5”. Medical necessity bags, including insulin, oxygen, epi-pens, diaper bags and breast pumps, must measure smaller than 14” x 14” x 6” and they will be X-rayed upon arrival.
- Sensory items are available at the Guest Service Offices at Portals 10, 20 and 67. Items include sensory bags equipped with noise-canceling headphones, verbal cue cards and fidget tools. Strobe-canceling glasses and weighted lap pads are also available. These sensory items are available on a first-come, first-served basis free of charge.
- Little Caesars Arena is a cashless venue. You can convert cash into a VISA card at a Reverse-ATM at Portals 9 and 58 on the concourse.
- There is a Mothers Room on the Street Level Concourse outside Portal 20 for nursing mothers. There is also a family restroom inside this area.
- Sign up for the Red Wings Mobile App to easily purchase, manage and scan your tickets, get breaking news, see the schedule and stats and more.
What to do at a Detroit Red Wings Game
- Make sure to check out the themed home games – including Military Appreciation Night on Nov. 11, Grateful Dead Night on Jan. 13, Get Pride Night on Jan. 31, Kids Day on Feb. 10, Fan Appreciation Night on April 15, among others.
- There are four in-venue restaurants at Little Caesars Arena – Mike’s Pizza Bar, UWM District Market, Pointset Sports Bar and The Mixing Board.
- Sign up for the Kids Club for $30. You can sign up online or at the booth outside Portal 15 at Detroit Red Wings home games. The membership merchandise kit comes with a beanie, tote, collapsible water bottle, flying disc, monthly newsletter, ice skating opportunities, birthday card and an official member credential & passport.
- See the Red Wings Drumline perform at home games.
- Sign up for the many contests the Red Wings are doing. After every Red Wings victory, you can use the code DETROITCB when purchasing a Little Caesars pizza to receive free crazy bread with your meal.
Things to do near Little Caesars Arena
- Eat before the Red Wings game at Hockeytown Café. You can’t miss it – it has a huge hockey puck on top of the building. Enjoy Detroit-style pizza, coney dogs and more. The kids menu features tenders and fries, cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza and mac and cheese.
- Shop at the official store of the Detroit Red Wings, Little Caesars Arena Team Store.
- Go ice skating (when weather permits) at Campus Martius Park. Also, make sure to grab a family photo in front of the large Christmas tree.
- Grab some more Detroit gear at Detroit Hustles Harder
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.