Spring break is right around the corner – and after such an unpredictable winter, a world of fun is calling your name! Elaborate family vacation plans are likely out of the question this year, but there are plenty of things to do on Spring Break with your kids in southeast Michigan. No matter the age, there are plenty of boredom busters and fun (and safe!) activities going on.
Whether it’s exploring science through exciting experiments, making crafts or shooting hoops, you’re sure to find something to keep your little ones busy. So spring into action and figure out what to do in southeast Michigan with these activities in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties.
Opens March 27, 2021
- Address: 20900 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn
- Phone: 313-982-6001
- Schedule: 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Cost: $18.75/ages 5-11, $22.50/seniors, $25/general, free kids under 4
This new permanent exhibit explores America’s racing history with 225 racing artifacts, including 22 race cars.
March 29-April 2, 2021
- Address: 5020 John R. St., Detroit
- Phone: 313-577-8400
- Schedule: 10 a.m.-noon and 2:30-3:30 p.m. daily
- Cost: $100
This virtual spring break option features fun STEM activities and meet-and-greets with science experts.
March 29-April 2, 2021
- Address: Various YMCA locations
- Schedule: 7 a.m.-6 p.m. daily
- Cost: $120
Kids enjoy fun activities and games at their local YMCA.
March 30-31 and April 1-3, 10 and 13-17, 2021
- Address: 29350 Northwestern Highway, Southfield
- Phone: 248-352-8000
- Schedule: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. daily; extended care: 8-9 a.m. and 4-6 p.m.
- Cost: $70-$85/day, $280-$330/week, $12/extended care
Kids will enjoy games, swimming, tennis and much more. Open to ages 3-12. Kids are welcome to bring lunch or an extra $6 lunch and two peanut-free snacks. Ages 3 and 4 must have a full life jacket if they want to swim. All kids must be potty trained to attend.
Now-April 9, 2021
- Address: Downtown Ann Arbor area
- Schedule: Varies
- Cost: Free
This annual starts with community art-making in March, followed the new, social distancing-friendly FoolMoon Stroll + Rock.
March 29-April 2 and April 5-9, 2021
- Address: 31555 Southfield Road, Beverly Hills
- Phone: 248-642-8500
- Schedule: 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Cost: $125-$160/three days, $190-$230/five days
Kids ages five and up enjoy swimming, sports, games and crafts during this school break option. Bring your own lunch, water bottle and outdoor clothing.
April 2, 2021
- Address: 4570 Huron River Parkway, Milford
- Phone: 810-227-8917
- Schedule: 10 -11:30 a.m.
- Cost: $3/child, $5/adult, $10/park vehicle entry
Take a guided tour along the nature trail to look for wildlife waking up after a long winter. Dress for the weather.
This post was originally published in 2018 and is updated regularly.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.