St. Patrick’s Day is almost here and nothing gets you in the spirit of the holiday quite like green treats. Every year, local bakeries and eateries celebrate St. Paddy’s Day by putting a colorful spin on their already popular dishes and drinks. Here, we’ve rounded up five such businesses for you and your family to try this St. Patrick’s Day and beyond.
- Address: Locations in Detroit and Ann Arbor
- Phone: 313-316-1430
- St. Patrick’s Day Hours: Varies by location
Get your chocolate fix all March long with the limited-edition, shamrock-mint bon bons. Read more about Bon Bon Bon here.
- Address: 18760 Middlebelt Road, Livonia
- Phone: 248-482-2435
- St. Patrick’s Day Hours: 6 a.m.-3 p.m.
For 55 years, Detroit Bagel Factory has delivered fresh-baked bagels to locals. This St. Patrick’s Day, it is celebrating by offering green bagels.
- Address: 300 S. Main St., Rochester
- Phone: 248-651-4830
- St. Patrick’s Day Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Pre-order intricate green and rainbow St. Paddy’s Day cakes. We suggest the Lucky Bug Cake or the Rainbow Cloud Cake, which kids will love.
- Address: 22965 Woodward Ave., Ferndale
- Phone: 248-54403440
- St. Patrick’s Day Hours: Noon-8 p.m.
This local dessert emporium is known for its wide variety of rotating hard ice creams and sorbet. For St. Patrick’s Day, try the offerings of vanilla and mint-flavored shamrock shakes, dirty lassie (whiskey, coffee and thin mints), Guinness Oreo and Irish car bomb (Guinness, whiskey and coffee).
- Address: 602 S. Ashley St., Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-662-3244
- St. Patrick’s Day hours: 5 a.m.-8 p.m.
This year, you can pre-order iced or plain chocolate stout donuts with orange, green and white sprinkles or green icing. Walk-in supply available, but limited.
Do you know of other green treats available for St. Patrick’s Day? Share them with us in the comments and we’ll add them to our list.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.