Are you looking for a fun way to enjoy some time outside with the kids this summer? Look no further than the Monroe Street Midway.
This outdoor space, which came about through a partnership between Bedrock Detroit and Detroit’s oldest Black-owned skating rink, RollerCade, is open to families May 27-Sept. 5, 2022.
Located in the heart of Detroit, on the former site of the Monroe Street Drive-In, near Campus Martius Park, the Monroe Street Midway promises oodles of family fun including:
- Instagram-worthy art installations
- Food trucks and outdoor dining offered by a variety of vendors
- The Rocket Mortgage Sports Zone, which is perfect for pick-up basketball games, tennis, handball, lacrosse and more
- A nine-hole putt-putt mini golf course, which is new in 2022
- Live DJs and poetry performances
- And, of course, the city’s only outdoor roller rink, Rollout Detroit
The Monroe Street Midway is open 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Sundays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
Admission to the Monroe Street Midway is free but it’s $13 to skate at Rollout Detroit. This price includes your skating session and skate rental. Free two-hour parking is also available at participating garages. Collect your parking validation at the skate rental booth.
This post was originally published in 2021 and is updated regularly.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.