Looking for the coolest places in metro Detroit and Ann Arbor that are guaranteed to take your selfie game up a notch?
These “selfie museums” are hitting the city hard as they allow teens and families to show off their authentic side in pre-designed sets made to capture the perfect picture.
Click, snap and share the love as you bring out your best self(ie) during a day or night trip to these cool, exotic exhibits.
- Address: 29285-B Southfield Road, Southfield
- Hours: Noon-8 p.m. Monday-Sunday
- Cost: $15/child, $20/adult
If you think you’ve been to the best, have you been fresh? Only the freshest wallpapers of 2022 line the exhibit for a modern and urban appeal. For adults, the nightlife and club sets may be a pull-factor. Kids can step into their Candyland desires. Book your one-hour session online for an immersive experience that lasts far beyond the photo.
- Address: 27500 Novi Road, Novi
- Hours: Noon-8:30 p.m. Wednesday-Sunday; closed Monday-Tuesday
- Cost: $25/kids, $28/adults
Ring lights and photos galore! The Detroit Selfie Museum is a one-stop-shop that features over 40 backdrops. The 6,000-square-foot exhibit also offers larger-than-life props for a totally immersive experience.
- Address: 22742 Woodward Ave., Ferndale
- Hours: Noon-8:30 p.m. Sunday and Wednesday-Thursday, noon-10 p.m. Friday-Saturday
- Cost: $15-$37
Ever imagine yourself at a disco — or back in an old-school study hall when chalkboards were more common than iPhones? How about a ball pit that looks like a pool? At the Good Day Selfie Museum all these dreams come to life with a snap of a photo. With 18 new rooms that are bubbling with personality, your next creative photo session awaits.
- Address: 2910 Towne Centre Blvd., Lansing
- Hours: Noon-8 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, closed Sunday-Monday
- Cost: $22.26/40-minute session
This all-ages selfie museum is located in the center of Lansing. Walk through each of the rooms, which are bursting with a different kinds of scenes. Inspired by the grandiose mission to build self-love in the community, the Selfie Factory works to help you build confidence.
Love a little harder at this factory where you can flaunt and express yourself through the magic of the photos.
- Address: 2801 W. Big Beaver Road, Troy
- Hours: Noon-8 p.m. Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: Contact for details
Room to Grow has larger-than-life installations that allow you to engage in mindful activities, reflect and take pictures in the process. A twist of love, art and wellness is all it takes to create a unique experience. This spot features holiday-inspired walls that you can’t miss when stopping by the new place.
Since Room to Grow is a new addition to the Somerset complex, availability is slowly opening up throughout the year. Check their website to book the next available time slot.
- Address: 719 Griswold St., Suite 170, Detroit
- Hours: Noon-7 p.m. Sunday and Thursday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Friday-Saturday
- Cost: $30
Detroit’s motown madness, rich history and art museums just gained another ideal destination: The Selfie Museum. This selfie pop-up shop is a must for locals looking to level-up their next post.
You won’t be bored with the interactive installations and fun wallpaper themes. Whether it’s a booking for the next event or a quick visit, the selfie scene is what dreams — and selfie-loving-teens — are made of.
- Address: 996 E. Mandoline Ave., Madison Heights
- Hours: By appointment only
- Cost: $25-$45
The Selfie Shop is the go-to spot for a private photo session with your choice of style. There are 29 decorated selfie rooms that include backdrops, ring lights and visual props. There’s Slinky-, gumball- and even disco ball-themed rooms that add character with every click of the button.
- Address: 17420 Hall Road, Suite 102, Clinton Township
- Hours: 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: $30/adults, $15/kids
There’s a new opportunity to create timeless memories at Partridge Creek Mall in Clinton Township. There are more than 30 themes at this museum. Plus, events for both selfie-loving teens and their parents too.
- Address: 15618 W. 10 Mile Road, Southfield
- Hours: Opens summer 2022
- Cost: $28/person
Save the travels and pose right in the convenience of your home. Pose comes to YOU. This little traveling boutique brings the selfie booths right to your local doorstep.
- Address: 2900 Orchard Lake Road, Suite 3, Keego Harbor
- Hours: 4-8 p.m. Wednesday-Thursday, noon-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, noon-7 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: $20/person
Own your look, own your pic. With a place that prides itself on self-love, celebration and social empowerment, you can express your true self in 20 different backdrops.
Need fun selfie ideas? Check out our guide to snap the perfect family selfie.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.