Metro Parent is southeast Michigan’s trusted parenting hub since 1986. We connect families with the best local resources, advice, stories, things to do with kids and much more.
Welcome to Virtual Camp: Summer of Science!
Ready for some FREE science learning? Join in the fun July 7-Aug. 11, 2019 with Virtual Camp: Summer of Science, presented by Metro Parent and Michigan Science Center!
Vacation is prime time to get out and explore everyday science. And kids can do just that during Virtual Camp. We’ve got six fun DIY experiments in store, geared at ages 7-13 (or the young at heart). Watch a video – starring our very own STEM-loving puppet Izzy – download a learning guide and then take a quiz.
To learn about other Virtual Camp perks, and to register for updates, be sure to visit our Virtual Camp registration page. Here’s a look at the lesson plan for 2019. Scroll down just a tad more to link to the latest live experiments!
- July 7: Experiment 1: Blast Off with Straw Rockets
- July 14: Experiment 2: Crater Creation
- July 21: Experiment 3: The (Icy) Cool Balloon
- July 28: Experiment 4: Operation Filtration
- Aug. 4: Experiment 5: The Rainmaker
- Aug. 11: Experiment 6: Squishy Circuits