It’s time to take to the tee and practice your swing for a game or two of (socially-distanced) miniature golf with the family.
Keep the games interesting and check out the attractions at these metro Detroit putt-putt courses, featuring castles, goofy creatures, Egyptian pyramids and wild themes that let players time travel, walk the ocean’s floor and more. You can even find glow-in-the-dark putt-putt!
So beat the summer sloth with good times and stellar strokes, day or night, at some of these local miniature golf courses.
Note: Some offerings may have changed because of COVID-19. Make sure you call ahead before heading out and don’t forget to bring your mask.
- Address: 21750 Hall Road, Clinton Township
- Phone: 586-469-2800
- Hours: 4-10 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Sunday through May 19; 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Sunday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday-Saturday through June 15; 11 a.m.-11 p.m. daily through Sept. 2
- Costs: $8/game
This family fun park offers two 18-hole miniature golf courses. Weave your ball around castles and waterfalls and over rivers.
- Address: 29060 Ford Road, Garden City
- Phone: 734-425-9816
- Hours: 2-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 2-10 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Costs: $6/adults, $4/kids ages 5 and under, $4/seniors
This challenging putt-putt spot boasts manicured plants in the summertime and a spooky miniature golf experience late September-Halloween. Note: Last round of mini golf is sold one hour before park closing.
- Address: 32900 Gratiot Ave., Roseville
- Phone: 586-293-9836
- Hours: 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
- Costs: $6/person, $3/second game
Jawor miniature golf course offers two 18-hole golf courses for the entire family. Goofy beasties include a pink elephant, a boxing kangaroo and more.
- Address: 2055 S. Milford Road, Milford
- Phone: 248-685-2705
- Hours: 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, noon-7 p.m. Sunday (weather dependent)
- Costs: $8/ages 13-plus, $7/ages 5-12, $4/ages 4 and under
This classic outdoor mini golf course, complete with waterfalls and windmills, is challenging but fun for all. Note: Last round of mini golf is sold one hour before park closing.
- Address: 22381 Van Born Road, Taylor
- Phone: 313-277-9156
- Hours: 9 a.m.-10 p.m. Sunday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-11p.m. Friday-Saturday through June 15; 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Sunday-Saturday through Sept. 2
- Costs: $7/18 holes, $3/replay, $4/seniors and kids ages 5 and under
Brave the pirate ship and volcano and take your putter on a Caribbean adventure at this exotic 18-hole course decorated with waterfalls, rivers and palm trees. Note: Last round of mini golf is sold one hour before park closing.
- Address: 39500 Five Mile Road, Plymouth
- Phone: 734-420-4653
- Hours: 9 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Sunday, April-October
- Costs: $6/adults, $4/children ages 12 and under
Take your putt-putt game to the tropics with this 18-hole tropical themed oasis, challenging for any skill level. Additional playscape for the little ones onsite. Note: Last round of mini golf is sold one hour before park closing.
- Address: 45799 Grand River Ave., Novi
- Phone: 248-735-1050
- Hours: 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Thursday, 4 p.m.-10 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Sunday, open to private events Monday-Wednesday
- Costs: $6.75/person, $6/kids under age 6 and seniors, free/kids ages 2 and under
Located right at the park’s entrance, this 18-hole putt-putt course features lush landscaping and multi-colored turf. Change up the tees with the spinning dials, and on hole No. 9, shoot straight through the waterfall. Find laser tag and a modern arcade onsite.
- Address: 19400 Allen Road, Melvindale
- Phone: 734-250-7206
- Hours: Noon-9 p.m. Sunday-Thursday, noon-11 p.m. Friday-Saturday
- Costs: Contact for details
Visit Neptune’s Labyrinth for nine holes of glow-in-the-dark putt-putt packed full of oceanic obstacles and deep-sea creatures, or keep to dry land and try your hand at 18-hole, outdoor putt-putt. Find laser tag and go-karts here, too. Note: Last round of mini golf is sold one hour before park closing.
- Address: 2675 Washtenaw St., Ypsilanti
- Phone: 734-434-2838
- Hours: Noon-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, noon-10 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday, noon-10 p.m. Sunday (weather dependent)
- Costs: $8/one game, $10/two games, $12/three games
Take your pick among three 18-hole courses, and keep the kids entertained with batting cages and a game room. Note: Last round of mini golf is sold one hour before park closing.
This post is updated regularly.