Santa Claus is coming to your town. He’s a busy guy, but Kris Kringle always makes time to visit the children of southeast Michigan.
Check out Metro Parent’s roundup of the best places to catch Santa in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties. You’ll find him in several spots, including southeast Michigan malls, downtowns and at the many holiday parades and festivals in the region.
Be sure to ask about photo package costs, as those are usually an added expense.
Note: In many instances, Santa will not be available to visit with kids on Thanksgiving Day. Check ahead with the venue on this holiday to be sure.
Nov. 3-Dec. 24, 2018
- Santa hours: noon-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday Nov. 3-Dec. 18; noon-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Sunday Nov. 19-Dec. 9; 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Dec. 10-15 and 17-22; 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Dec. 16, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Dec. 23, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 24
- Address: 412 W. 14 Mile Road, Troy
- Phone: 248-585-6000
Santa meets kids at Oakland Mall throughout the holiday season in the mall’s center court. A variety of photo packages are available.
Nov. 8-Dec. 24, 2018
- Santa hours: all mall hours (see holiday mall hours) with breaks
- Address: 27500 Novi Road, Novi (at the mall’s Center Court)
- Phone: 248-348-9400
Come by so your kids can share their wishes and you can snap a memorable pic. Also, this year, kids can join Santa’s Flight Academy. Falling snow and activities for the whole family round off the trip. Santa will also take photos with pets Nov. 18-Dec. 1.
Nov. 10-Dec. 24, 2018
- Santa hours: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Sunday Nov. 10-21; 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Nov. 23-Dec. 23; 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 24
- Address: 14000 Lakeside Circle, Sterling Heights
- Phone: 586-247-1590
Come out to visit Santa when he arrives at Lakeside Mall this holiday season! Parents who reserve a time online get a discount on photos. Best of all, Santa is always on duty.
Nov. 10-Dec. 24, 2018
- Santa hours: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Mondays-Friday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday Note: Santa takes breaks to feed his reindeer 1-2 p.m. and 5:30-6:30 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays and 3-4 p.m. Sundays
- Address: 37700 W. Six Mile Road, Livonia
- Phone: 734-462-1100
Enjoy the many shops and eateries after your visit with Mr. Claus. Find him conveniently located near the food court next to the fireplace, and be sure to take advantage of a variety of photo packages. Santa is also offering pet photos from 6 to 9 p.m. Nov. 12, 19 and 26 and Dec. 3 and 10.(Pets must be leashed or in a carrier).
Nov. 12-Dec. 24, 2018
- Santa hours: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturdays, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sundays, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Christmas Eve
- Address: 17420 Hall Road, Clinton Township
- Phone: 586-226-0330
Swing by to visit the jolly guy and share those holiday wish lists. Join him at the Cabin at the Creek within the mall. Dogs can have their photos taken with Santa, too, Dec. 1-8.
Nov. 16, 2018
- Santa hours: 6:30 p.m.
- Address: Downtown Northville
- Phone: 248-349-7640
Bring the whole family for a night of dazzling lights and parade floats at this year’s lighted parade; Santa will be sticking around immediately after the parade for those who want to say hello and have their wishes heard. Swing by Northville’s Town Square – and don’t forget the camera!
Nov. 16-Dec. 24, 2018
- Santa hours: 11 a.m.-6:40 p.m. Nov. 16, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Nov. 17, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Nov. 18, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Nov. 19-21, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Nov. 23-24, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Nov. 25, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Nov. 26-30, 10 a.m.-8:30 p.m. Dec. 1, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 2, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Dec. 3-7, 10 a.m.-8:30 p.m. Dec. 8, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 9, 10 a.m.-8:30 p.m. Dec. 10-13, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Dec. 14, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Dec. 15, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 16, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Dec. 17-23, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 24
- Address: 100 Briarwood Circle, Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-769-9610
Santa visits the mall starting Nov. 16. Arrive early to get a good spot in line or reserve a FastPass before you head out and skip the line all together. Expect Santa to take cookie breaks at 1:15-2 p.m. and 5:15-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 1:15-2 p.m. Sunday. Offers a special needs Santa visit Nov. 18 and Dec. 2; plus a Santa pictures with pets event on Nov. 25 and Dec. 9.
Nov. 17-Dec. 24, 2018
- Santa hours: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 17-Dec. 17; 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Dec. 18-23; 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 24; Santa will not be available on Thanksgiving Day
- Address: 18900 Michigan Ave., Dearborn
- Phone: 800-992-9500
This Santa visit will be an experience to remember. He arrives on Nov. 17 at Santa’s Ice Palace at the Fairlane Town Center, which features falling snow and a place to compare your ice handprint to that of a polar bear. You can also meet the Ice Princess and take photos on the Ice Throne on weekends. Note: personal cameras are not allowed.
Nov. 17-Dec. 24, 2018
- Santa hours: Nov. 18-Christmas Eve: Mondays-Fridays pick your pass time from 8 a.m.-mall close; Saturdays-Sundays wait in line for your turn during mall hours
- Address: 2800 W. Big Beaver Road, Troy
- Phone: 248-643-6360
Come welcome Santa at 8 a.m. on Nov. 17 with Scottish bagpipers and swag-bag giveaways complete with holiday craft kits and a gift card for hot chocolate. He will be there daily till Christmas Eve as part of a truly grand display complete with his icy castle. Note: Call the mall for closing times; may vary as the holiday draws near.
Nov. 23-Dec. 24, 2018
- Santa hours: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Note: weekend days are busiest, so the line closes at 3 p.m. Santa also takes breaks to feed his reindeer in the afternoon.
- Address: 20900 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn
- Phone: 313-982-6001
- Cost: Free with museum admission: $23/adults, $17.25/kids 5-11, free/4 and under; $6/vehicle parking
It’s a chance to see a great museum and meet with Kris Kringle at the Heroes of the Sky exhibit.
Nov. 23-Dec. 25, 2018 (Weekends)
- Santa hours: 1:30-5:30 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays
- Address: 2369 Joslyn Court, Lake Orion
- Phone: 248-391-1900
Every Saturday and Sunday through Christmas kids can visit with Santa at the Made in Michigan Store.
Nov. 24-Dec. 22, 2018
- 2017 Santa hours: 9 a.m.-noon. Saturdays
- Address: 16845 Kercheval, Grosse Pointe
- Phone: 313-886-7474
Santa is here to hear wishes four Saturdays in a row in “Santa’s Village.” Bring a camera to capture the moment. You can make holiday cards for children at St. John Hospital, too.
Nov. 24-Dec. 23, 2018
- Santa hours: 3-8 p.m. opening day and 5-8 p.m. Fridays, 1-8 p.m. Saturdays, 1-7 p.m.
- Address: Heritage Park Activities Building, 12111 Pardee Road, Taylor
- Phone: 313-571-0413
- Cost: $3/general (cash only), free/under 3; $8/photos with Santa
Here you’ll find hundreds of animated characters, 23 magic forest scenes and more. Proceeds benefit Fish & Loaves Community Food Pantry.
Nov. 24-Dec. 24, 2018
- Santa hours: 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Nov. 24-25, 6:30-8 p.m. Nov. 30, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Dec. 1, 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Dec. 2, 8-9, 15-16 and 22-24
- Address: Shain Park, Merrill Street, downtown Birmingham area, Birmingham
- Phone: 248-530-1200
- Cost: $5/donation
Come by for a photo with Santa in downtown Birmingham. Donations go toward the Birmingham Lions Club and Leader Dogs for the Blind
Nov. 25 and 30, 2018
- Santa hours: 5-6 p.m. Nov. 25, 4-10 p.m. Nov. 30
- Address: Kerrytown Market & Shops, 407 N. Fifth Ave., Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-662-5008
Santa stops by on Nov. 25 to light the market’s Christmas tree and again on Nov. 30 to visit with kids during this spot’s annual KindleFest.
Nov. 27, 2018
- Santa hours: 6-8 p.m.
- Address: Waterford Township Hall, 5200 Civic Center Drive, Waterford
- Phone: 248-674-5441
Singalong carols and craft-making are all part of this fun and free event in Waterford. Of course you’ll want to make sure to visit with St. Nick! You can even see his reindeer.
Nov. 30-Dec. 1, 7-8 and 14-15, 2018
- Santa hours: 6-9 p.m. daily
- Address: Wolcott Mill Metropark, 64162 Kunstman Road, Ray Township
- Phone: 586-749-5997
- Cost: $5/person, $10/park vehicle entry fee
Enjoy a visit with Santa in the mill, take a trip into the past and enjoy old-time activities, like playing with wooden toys using a two-man saw to cut wood for a log cookie ornament craft. Hang out by the bonfire and make s’mores and enjoy a cup of hot mulled cider or hot chocolate. Take the time to see the Model T dump truck or meet Clydesdale horses, a mini horse and donkey, too. Don’t miss the opportunity to see the Festival of Trees this year, too. Families will be delighted by all of the decorated evergreens.
Dec. 1, 2018
- Santa Hours: noon-3 p.m.
- Address: South Lyon Cycle, 209 S. Lafayette, South Lyon
- Phone: 248-437-0500
Santa and one of his reindeer visit kids at South Lyon’s Yule event.
Dec. 1, 2018
- Santa hours: 1-5 p.m.
- Address: Detroit Historical Museum, 5401 Woodward Ave., Detroit
- Phone: 313-833-1805
Santa swings by the Detroit Historical Museum on Noel Night to hear the wishes of all the good little boys and girls. Kids can also participate in a make-and-take craft activity with the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority.
Dec. 1-24, 2018
- Santa hours: call for details
- Address: 18000 Vernier Road, Harper Woods
- Phone: 313-371-1501
Swing by on Dec. 1 to welcome Santa to the mall and visit with his frosty friends, Anna, Elsa, Olaf and the Grinch. After that, he’ll be in the mall through Christmas Eve to visit with the kids. There’s a special needs Santa event on Dec. 9 and pet photos with Santa Dec. 10 or 17, too.
Orchard Mall in West Bloomfield
Dec. 8, 2018
- Santa hours: 10 a.m.
- Address: 6445 Orchard Lake Road, West Bloomfield
- Phone: 248-855-3330
Kids can sit on Santa’s lap and share their wishlists with him at this event. Register for a Breakfast with Santa beforehand, too.
Dec. 8-9 and 15-16, 2018
- Santa hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. daily
- Address: 50165 Eight Mile Road, Northville
- Cost: Free; donations welcome
- Phone: 248-374-0200
Bring your camera for a photo with Santa and his sleigh as Maybury Farm welcomes St. Nick with a warm fire at its welcome center. Parents can enjoy hot cocoa and cookies while they visit the gift shop full of jellies, jams, honey (from the farm) and other Michigan-made holiday gifts. Reservations required.
Dec. 15-16, 2018
- Santa hours: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, noon-3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16
- Address: Southfield Pavilion, 26000 Evergreen Road, Southfield
- Phone: 248-398-3400
BLAC Detroit Magazine is bringing Santa to Detroit for a very special two-day visit. Come by to tell him what you want for Christmas this year. Be sure to bring your own camera so you can snap a photo with the jolly guy! Note: Must pre-register in advance at BLACDetroit.com.
Dec. 20, 2018
- Santa hours: 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Address: 8450 W. 10 Mile Road, Royal Oak
- Phone: 248-541-5717
- Cost: $25-$30
Little ones can visit sit in on a story with Mrs. Claus and take photos with Santa. There’ll be cookies and cocoa; plus opportunities to make treats for Santa’s reindeer. Don’t forget to check out the zoo’s breakfast with Santa event on Dec. 8, 15 and 16 or Dinner with Santa on Dec. 14-16, too.
This post is updated regularly.