The Michigan Science Center’s newest exhibit, Level Up, is sure to be a gamer’s favorite space.
Level Up is an 8,000-square-foot interactive installation with different game zones such as video games, analog games, virtual reality, arcade games and The Amazing Ames Room. Electric Playhouse Travels, a traveling exhibit from New Mexico, adds an immersive experience that features artistic interactives, a mix of games and experiences.
Quick details about Level Up
- Address: Michigan Science Center, 5020 John R St., Detroit
- Cost: Free w/museum admission: $18/adult, $14/ages 2-15, free/under 2
Level Up is open until Labor Day, May 29, 2023.
These exhibits, located on the fourth floor of the Michigan Science Center, are open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesdays-Sundays.
Tips for families when visiting the Michigan Science Center
- If you have a SNAP EBT card and a picture ID, general admission tickets are only $3/person for up to four people in your group.
- It is recommended that all guests (including members) make reservations ahead of time.
- Make sure to use the restroom before heading up to the fourth floor, as there isn’t a restroom on that floor.
Things to do near the Michigan Science Center
- Go explore the art exhibits at the Detroit Institute of Arts, which offers free admission to all Macomb, Oakland and Wayne County residents.
- Check out Kresge Court while inside the DIA for coffee and light bites. If you’re looking to get lunch, try Café DIA for a cafeteria-style eatery.
- See the “United We Stand” sculpture in front of the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History.