Moms, dads, tykes and teens alike can enjoy some indoor fun at these family fun play centers. Cure your kid’s boredom and head to one of these cool places with kid-sized cities, inflatables, playscapes, swimming and much more.
Metro Parent has rounded up some of the coolest places in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties that are sure to make the whole family happy.
Many of them also offer birthday parties. Be sure to call ahead with these southeast Michigan spots for current rates and hours.
Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some indoor play places may be enforcing the use of face masks or other safety protocols. It’s also possible that some spots may close without warning. Be sure to check ahead before heading out.
- Locations: 44855 Hayes Road, Sterling Heights, 3155 W. Big Beaver Road, Suite 212, Troyand 36901 Warren Road, Westland
Music and movement merge at this local chain full of bouncing fun. Open jumps available.
- Locations: 750 Brown Road, Auburn Hills, 2485 Coolidge Hwy., Berkley, 43335 Joy Road, Canton, 24365 Michigan Ave., Dearborn, 31221 W. 14 Mile Road, Farmington Hills, 44225 W. 12 Mile Road, Suite C103, Novi, 44891 Hayes Road, Sterling Heights, 846 E. Big Beaver Road, Troy and 21621 Allen Road, Woodhaven
The national chain is growing fast in southeast Michigan. Sign up for lessons or ask about parents’ nights out and other events.
This swim school offers swimming lessons for ages 3 months to 12 years. Offers free Wi-Fi, too.
- Address: 2124 Franklin Road, Bloomfield Hills
Kids ages 6 and up can swing by this gymnastics spot during open gym time on Tuesdays and Saturdays to have some topsy-turvy fun.
Combine education and fun into one. Make a reservation for slot-racing, puppet-magic and playground-play. Ask about party packages.
There are seven bounce houses including a large slide and obstacle course. Also, an arcade filled with fun, free games for kids and adults.
- Address: 1101 S. Main St., Chelsea
This Washtenaw County destination offers 9,000 square feet of play including a huge climbing structure, slides, a baby and toddler area, swinging bridges and a tree house.
- Address: 21750 Hall Road, Clinton Township
This sports park has it all! Check out the drop tower, saddle sling, spinning coaster, golf dome, laser tag, bowling alley, arcade and tons of racing tracks to satisfy every kid’s need for speed.
There are plenty of attractions that make this trampoline park unique. There’s a zip line, battle beams, extreme dodgeball, trapeze and aerial silks, ninja course and much more.
- Address: 3401 E. Lafayette St., Detroit
This 75,000-square-foot facility belongs to Detroit’s professional soccer club, Detroit City Football Club, and features two turf fields that host soccer leagues and camps, lacrosse, ultimate frisbee and more.
- Address: 26450 Ford Road, Dearborn Heights
This allergy- and eco-friendly dinosaur-themed playscape offers and a jungle gym with slides and other obstacles, plus a soft-play area for babies and toddlers. Stop by during the day or plan your next party.
Rival blasters used to play flag wars, tag, humans vs. zombies and more. Blasters and safety goggles are provided. For ages 7 and up.
- Address: 1950 E. Square Lake Road, Troy
This Oakland County spot offers 22 traditional bowling lanes, eight VIP suite bowling lanes, a 2,300-square-foot arcade, a two-level laser tag arena and much more. Book your next party or drop in during their open hours.
- Address: 3901 Christopher St., Hamtramck
Check out Michigan’s first Fowling Warehouse™ at this location. Book a party or drop in on this spot’s open play to try your hand at the football-meets-bowling game of fowling.
- Address: 3050 Washtenaw Ave., Ypsilanti
Play a mashup of bowling and football at this Fowling Warehouse. Book a party or drop in on this spot’s open play.
- Address: 12841 Ford Road, Dearborn
This place is for the ultimate gamer with tons of video games in its arcade, laser tag, an indoor playground and a restaurant. Be sure to make reservations in advance.
- Locations: 2107 W. Stadium Blvd., Ann Arbor, 2388 Cole St., Suite 101, Birmingham, 225 Sheldon Road, Canton, 6340 Waldon Center Drive, Clarkston, 22710 Haggerty Road, Suite 200, Farmington Hills, 18377 Hall Road, Suite I, Macomb and 550 South St., Rochester
The local indoor swim school franchise opens family swim hours (4 months-12 years) to the community at select times, in addition to regular classes. Keep an eye out for the new West Bloomfield location, which is coming soon!
- Address: 46245 Michigan Ave., Canton
This indoor sports complex has clinics, camps and leagues for your all-star. Play indoor soccer, dodge ball, flag football, volleyball or lacrosse.
Sports and social services are both provided at H.Y.P.E. Recreation Center, which focuses on keeping kids healthy and happy through organized sports. Find training camps, tournaments and leagues for basketball, football, tennis, volleyball and more.
- Locations: 6481 Canton Center Road, Canton, 44595 Enterprise Drive, Clinton Township and 27658 Middlebelt Road, Farmington Hills
Kids venture though the jungle on indoor padded play sets while parents take a load off or join in on the adventure. With healthy snacks, premium coffee and free Wi-Fi, this place is perfect for both the lion and her cub.
- Address: 13939 Michigan Ave., Dearborn
Check out the 10,000-square-foot facility with multi-level, soft-play climbing structures. There’s also an area specifically for little ones, a Lite-Brite, light gallery, coloring corner and sensory boards.
- Address: 18602 Fenkell St., Detroit
This spot features a treehouse, bounce castle, games and more. It even hosts activities and events for parents!
- Address: 800 Eisenhower Parkway, Ann Arbor
Bring the kids to this spot, which features basketball, dodgeball, battle pit, trampoline courts, launch pad, cliffhanger and more. There’s also an arcade where you can win tickets and trade them in for prizes.
- Address: 44255 W. 12 Mile Road, Novi
Enjoy basketball, dodgeball, a launch pad, cliffhanger and more on wall-to-wall trampolines. There’s also an arcade where you can win tickets and trade them in for prizes.
- Address: 925 N. Lapeer Road, Oxford
Kids, teens and even parents will find something they love at Legacy 925, which offers everything from bowling and football bowling to go-karts, laser tag and a trampoline park. There’s also an arcade, live music and even a kid-friendly bar.
- Address: 4240 Baldwin Road, Auburn Hills
Located inside Great Lakes Crossing. Unlock your kids’ creativity with Lego build and play zones, a 4-D theater, two rides and more.
- Address: 20372 Van Horn Road, Woodhaven
This “soft play” facility offers a two-story padded playscape for kids to enjoy. There’s also a cafe for a small meal or snack. Be sure to ask about birthday parties.
- Address: 22475 Heslip Drive, Novi
Train like Olympians with all the essential gymnastic obstacles at this academy that promotes children’s physical fitness through innovative programs.
- Address: 22381 Van Born Road, Taylor
This facility has everything from the classic mini golf and driving range to more extreme activities like EuroBungy, rock climbing and Spin Zone. Come in with a group for birthday parties and field trips.
- Address: 703 Livernois, Ferndale
This all-natural play and wellness center offers drop-in play and fitness classes for ages 0-6. Plus, free support groups for parents on topics like baby-wearing, infant massage and birth recovery.
- Address: 45799 Grand River Ave., Novi
The ultimate paradise for all ages! Engage in the interactive laser tag maze, go-karts, a huge mini golf course, trampolines and a climbing wall. Enjoy indoor and outdoor amenities that are all handicap accessible.
Find bowling, laser tag and an arcade full of 53 state-of-the-art games.
- Address: 4362 Baldwin Road, Auburn Hills
Located inside Great Lakes Crossing. Kids get to explore the world of Peppa Pig including George’s Fort, Grandad Dog’s Garage, Miss Rabbit’s Supermarket and Peppa’s TreeHouse. Offers birthday parties, too.
- Address: 1214 S. University Ave., Ann Arbor
This popular arcade opened more than 30 years ago and offers both brand new arcade games and old-school throwbacks. The space is also available for birthday parties.
Conquer all types of climbs, from spinning tread walls to low-clearance climbing and top-roping. Join one of the many kids programs, competitive leagues or private lessons.
- Locations: 1720 Opdyke Court, Auburn Hills, 15117 Commercial Drive, Shelby Township and 28373 Beck Road, Unit H, Wixom
Giant indoor inflatables and imagination collide as kids participate in pop-in play times, birthday parties, camps and more.
- Address: 19830 West Road, Woodhaven
This amusement center has a game zone, ropes course, laser tag, bumper cars, axe-throwing and much more.
- Address: 380 E. Second St., Rochester
This eco-friendly play center has a custom-built climbing structure with a northern Michigan theme and a smaller play structure for toddlers. Their cafe serves nutritious treats.
- Address: 700 N. Pontiac Trail, Walled Lake
Check out the arcade along with Skeeball and bowling at this Safari-themed adventure spot.
Find the SkySlam basketball dunk court, 3-D Dodgeball, SkyRobics fitness classes, Toddler Time and open jump at this indoor trampoline park.
Activities include go-karts, batting cages, mini golf, bungee trampoline, arcade games and a pizza buffet. Cash only.
Enjoy a day of sports with a go-kart track, batting cages and a miniature golf course. Check out their party packages, too.
- Address: 141 N. Center St. #201, Northville
Explore loads of STEM toys and hands-on learning at this play place. Check their website for summer camps, school field trips and birthday party information.
- Address: 21310 Coolidge Hwy, Oak Park
This play place is designed for children ages 10 and under. The offer birthday parties, party room rentals, slides, bounce houses and mascot rentals.
- Address: 13333 Telegraph Road, Taylor
Spend some time on the ice or the green at this indoor sports complex that has both inline hockey and competitive figure skating.
- Address: 7127 Dixie Hwy., Clarkston
This play place features an indoor playground, pizza café and private party rooms. There’s also a performance stage that features live interactive entertainment. This place is ideal for kid’s birthday parties.
The Auburn Hills location has ten axe-throwing stalls, eight Football-Bowling lanes, three Topgolf swing simulators and much more. The Novi location has 17 axe-throwing stalls, five big axe-throwing stalls, eight football bowling lanes and six ice curling lanes. Age requirements are enforced on some activities.
- Address: 45677 Helm St., Plymouth
Offers challenging obstacles out of American Ninja Warrior, including Devil Steps, Wing Nuts and Double Salmon Ladder. Take them on and see if you have what it takes to be a Ninja Warrior.
- Address: 44855 Hayes Road, Sterling Heights
Push your physical limits and have fun doing it at this adventure park. There’s trampolines, dodgeball, arcade games and more.
Join a league at this indoor soccer facility, attend a camp or participate in tournaments. Enroll kids as young as 18 months in the KICKSTART! Toddler Soccer program, which enhances motor skills and physical fitness.
- Locations: 141 S. Opdyke Road, Auburn Hills, 22777 Farmington Road, Farmington, 41550 Grand River, Novi, 46039 Grand River, Novi, 877 Pioneer Drive, Rochester, 45300 Mound Road, Shelby Township and 30990 S. Wixom Road, Wixom
When they say “total,” they mean it! Enjoy everything you need to practice and play sports like football, lacrosse, volleyball, roller hockey and even baseball. This complex is home to team sessions and lessons for the most competitive all-star. Activity offerings vary by location.
This sports complex has it all: racquetball, bowling, Wallyball, handball, basketball and even axe-throwing. Join a league, register for a tournament or grab a membership to get even more perks.
- Address: 78 W. Maple Road, Troy
Come check out the interactive floor system that features a designated area for toddlers ages 1-3 and a central play structure for ages 5-12. Also, has a full service café and free Wi-Fi.
- Locations: 30090 Plymouth Road, Livonia, 925 N. Lapeer Road, Oxford and 12050 Hall Road, Sterling Heights
This trampoline park is complete with dodgeball courts, a foam pit, the Slam Dunk zone and more. Attractions vary by park.
Don’t let the bumper car exterior fool you. This powerful machine allows you to fly down the court and battle it out in a game that’s a mash-up of basketball, hockey and Jai-Alai.
- Address: 750 Phoenix Drive, Ann Arbor
This Whirlyball arena also offers pool tables and video arcade games. Kids must be 8 years and 48 inches tall to play. Reservations are required.
- Address: 2140 Oak Valley Drive, Ann Arbor
This indoor and outdoor soccer facility hosts leagues for youth and adults, with training programs taught by professional coaches. Rent a field or join a camp and get your kick on.
- Address: 8044 N. Middlebelt Road, Westland
The play area has jungle gyms, ball pits and trampolines. There’s also a pottery painting room. Also, birthday parties, too.
- Locations: 41953 Ford Road, Canton, 31506 Grand River Ave., Farmington, 43680 Van Dyke Ave., Sterling Heights, 9751 Telegraph Road, Taylor and 1490 N. Oakland Blvd., Waterford
Laser tag facilities at seven locations also feature 18-hole glow-in-the-dark mini-golf, laser tag, bumper cars and a ninja zone. Attraction offerings vary by location.
This post is updated regularly.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.