Are you an adrenaline junkie with the wintertime blues? Life for a thrill seeker can get pretty boring when Cedar Point and Michigan’s Adventure shut down for the winter. But there is a way you can get your adrenaline fix!
All across the country, and in parts of Canada, there are indoor amusement parks that don’t have to close for good ol’ Jack Frost, and Metro Parent asked around to find some of the best indoor amusement parks in the United States and Canada. Check out this roundup and start planning your trip this winter.
Note: Prices are accurate as of 2020 and may be subject to change.
- Address: 2880 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, Nevada
- Phone: 702-734-0410
- Cost: $39.95/daily regular pass, $19.95/regular junior pass
This Las Vegas spot offers five acres of climate-controlled, and family-friendly, indoor fun including two coaster rides, a pirate swing, bumper cars and a carousel; plus junior rides, laser tag and 4-D experiences. All riders must be over 33″ tall.
- Address: 500 Rexdale Blvd., Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
- Phone: 416-674-5437
- Cost: $5.75/single ride, $18-$32/unlimited ride pass
This spot has been serving screams and laughs since 1985, and boasts being the largest indoor amusement park in Ontario. Make the trek over the border to enjoy all 10 of the full-sized rides offered here, plus a full midway, a 5500 square-foot soft play area, arcade and more.
- Address: West Edmonton Mall, 8882 170 St. N.W., Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Phone: 780-444-5300
- Cost: $39-$49/general admission
This spot, located in the West Edmonton Mall in Alberta, features more than 27 rides and attractions, including a roller coaster and swing ride; plus play areas for younger kids, making it the largest indoor amusement park in the world.
- Address: 110 Schanck Road, Freehold, New Jersey
- Phone: 732-577-8200
- Cost: $24.99-$32.99/unlimited ride bands
Step into a galaxy and battle it out in this spot’s two story laser tag arena, take a spin on the go-kart track, enjoy rides like the Spin Zone Bumper Cars, Kite Flyer, Skyscraper, Dizzy Dragons, carousel and Freedom Rider, test your nerve on the ropes course, hang out in the arcade and more.
- Address: One I-X Center Drive, Cleveland, Ohio
- Phone: 216-265-2586
- Cost: $23-$26/general, $10/parking
Older kids take a spin on the Wild Mouse Roller Coaster and Wild Cat Roller Coaster, while younger kids take a trip to Kidzville for some pint-sized rides at this Ohio favorite. They also offer a petting zoo, vendors for parents, carnival games, a fun house and much more.
- Address: 14600 Lakeside Circle, Sterling Heights, Michigan
- Phone: 586-247-1400
- Cost: Call for details
Tots and younger kids 36″ and taller can try the Banana Squadron, Yak Attack and Python Pit Roller Coaster, while younger thrill seekers enjoy a soft pit area and arcade games at this local spot.
- Address: 1305 Kalahari Drive, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- Phone: 608-254-5466
- Cost: $16.99-$37.99; cheaper for hotel guests
Kalahari is well-known as being the ultimate water park, but did you know the Wisconsin location has an over 100,000 square-foot indoor theme park, too? It features a six-story Ferris wheel, an African-themed carousel, ropes course and climbing wall; plus a 24-lane bowling alley, golf simulator, elevated go carts mini golf and more.
- Address: 1701 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- Phone: 608-254-8560
- Cost: Call for details
Find an alien ball pit, arcade, laser tag and rock climbing wall; plus oodles and oodles of classic family-friendly rides including spinning tea cups, kiddie swings, bumper cars and crazy trolley. Also find indoor and outdoor waterparks and an outdoor family amusement park in the summer.
- Address: 5000 Center Court, Bloomington, Minnesota
- Phone: 952-883-8800
- Cost: $3.80-$73.99/ride point passes, $36.99/all-day wristband, additional fees apply for mini-golf and ropes course
The Mall of America is the home of this Nickelodeon-themed park, which features 27 rides, including three roller coasters, classic carnival rides, pint-sized thrills and more. They also offer an adventure course, complete with zipline, and adventure golf.
- Address: 1 American Dream Way, East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Phone: 833-263-7326
- Cost: $34.99-$59.99/day pass
Opened in 2019, this New Jersey branch of Nickelodeon Universe, try out rides based on your favorite Nickelodeon cartoons, including roller coasters, family-friendly rides, and some rides just for tots. Looks out for other attractions at American Dream as well.
This post was originally published in 2016 and is updated regularly.