Clothes can get incredibly expensive, but there are plenty of resale shops in Grand Rapids and the surrounding area that sell gently used or brand new donated clothing at a much more affordable price than the retail prices.
Some of these stores sell more than just clothes. You’ll find books, toys and furniture. Check out their websites or call ahead to see exactly what types of things they sell. You can even shop some of these stores online from the comfort of your own home.
- Address: 1005 Lake Drive SE, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-202-4949
Audrey Lane offers high quality clothing and accessories for women and children. The store even a play area and changing table for babies and children.
- Address: 2820 29th St. SE, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-254-7777
Bethany’s offers gently used clothing and household items, as well as brand new beds and furniture. All proceeds directly support Bethany Christian Services.
- Address: 3555 Lake Eastbrook Blvd. SE, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-940-4123
Furniture City has new and used furniture for sale, plus the store offers pickup of gently used furniture and delivery of furniture that you purchase.
- Address/phone: 956 Michigan St. NE, Grand Rapids; 616-885-1485
- Address/phone: 2345 E. Beltline Ave NE, Grand Rapids; 616-466-7949
- Address/phone: 1655 4 Mile Road NE, Grand Rapids; 616-890-6877
- Address/phone: 2700 Kraft Ave. SE, Grand Rapids; 616-940-4171
- Address/phone: 870 28th St. SW, Wyoming; 616-249-3788
- Address/phone: 5487 Division Ave. S, Wyoming; 616-893-5074
- Address/phone: 3035 Prairie St. SW, Grandville; 616-249-8670
- Address/phone: 4640 Ivanrest Ave. SE, Grandville; 616-588-2205
- Address: 3270 29th St. SE, Kentwood
- Phone: 616-975-4196
- Address: 4696 Lake Michigan Drive NW, Walker
- Phone: 616-791-1418
- Address: 5371 Alpine Ave. NW, Comstock Park
- Phone: 616-647-9770
- Address: 334 Baldwin St., Jenison
- Phone: 616-667-0293
- Address: 8390 Belmont Ave. NE, Belmont
- Phone: 616-863-9951
- Address: 11625 Fulton St., Lowell
- Phone: 616-897-2518
Goodwill takes donated gently used clothing, furniture, toys and more. They have more than a dozen stores in the Grand Rapids area to find great bargains.
- Address: 1593 Galbraith Ave. SE, Suite 203, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-608-6265
Hello Again carries men’s and women’s shoes and accessories, including suit jackets, dresses and more from high-fashion designers.
- Address: 3150-L Plainfield Ave. NE, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-363-7929
This shop carries children’s sizes newborn-16, baby gear and even has a maternity section. They have recently started selling women’s clothing so you can shop for your children and yourself at the same time.
- Address: 2146 Plainfield Ave. NE, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-361-7411
Mission India accepts donations of furniture, clothing, books and more. The proceeds support the ministry and works with Indian Christian partners.
- Address: 2929 29th St. SE, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-942-2929
New 2 You has plenty of gently used clothing, furniture, and various other knickknacks for an affordable price. They also support the Grand Rapids Christian Schools to help keep education affordable.
- Address: 4339 Division Ave. S, Wyoming
- Phone: 616-534-7134
The proceeds from the new and gently used clothing benefits the South Suburban Christian Schools. New Life works to decrease the cost of Christ-centered education.
- Address: 2650 E. Beltline Ave. SE, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-957-6622
- Address: 3845 Rivertown Parkway SW, Grandville
- Phone: 616-530-6622
Plato’s Closet specializes in gently used teen and young adult from some of the hottest brands. Find them for up to 70 percent retail price.
- Address: 145 Diamond Ave. SE, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-805-6848
Rock Paper Scissors has a passion for high fashion and high quality. Their pre-owned clothing is available at low prices and they also sell accessories.
- Address: 2141 Wealthy St. SE, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-242-9100
Rosa’s Closet has plenty of high-fashion women’s clothing. You can shop in store or online for dresses, blouses, purses and more.
- Address/phone: 1491 Division Ave., Grand Rapids; 800-728-7825
- Address/phone: 4160 Plainfield Ave. NE, Grand Rapids; 800-728-7825
- Address/phone: 1235 Fulton St. E, Grand Rapids; 616-454-1459
- Address: 3900 Alpine Ave. NW, Comstock Park
- Phone: 800-728-7825
Salvation Army accepts gently used clothing, furniture and toys. The proceeds benefit the Salvation Army and all of the work that they do.
- Address: 321 Division Ave. S, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-240-7938
This is the first and only consignment shop in Grand Rapids that specializes in upscale formalwear. They carry dresses for brides, bridesmaids, school dances and formal accessories.
- Address: 1314 S. Division Ave., Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-452-1408
This three-level store has plenty of used furniture and household goods, along with clothing. Check out their product locator guide to find out what floor you want for your needs.
- Address: 926 E. Fulton St., Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-889-0947
This store collects women’s clothing items that are considered “current fashion,” has been in stores in the last two years, or is vintage or handmade. Find them up to 75 percent off retail price.
- Address: 3516-B Plainfield Ave., Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-214-7329
Y.E.S.S. stands for “your estate sale showcase.” This thrift store features everything from antique furniture to clothing from estates that they have purchased.