Grand Rapids, the second largest city in Michigan, is home to plenty of play centers and destinations for family fun.
Whether you’d like to spend the day letting your kids bounce off the walls at a trampoline park or take on a family laser tag challenge, Grand Rapids area children’s play places have something for everyone.
So check out this guide to family fun play centers in Grand Rapids and the surrounding area and tell us in the comments which place is your favorite.
Note: Be sure to call in advance before you head out to one of these family-favorite destinations. Details are subject to change after time of publication.
AirTime Trampoline – Grand Rapids
- Address: 3681 28th St. SE, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-773-1563
- Cost: $14/two hours Tuesday-Friday, $14/one hour Saturday-Sunday
The whole family can have fun jumping at this trampoline park, featuring 30,000 square feet of wall-to-wall trampoline fun. Kids can also play dodgeball, dive into the foam pits and enjoy the music. Take a break at the snack stand for some treats. Check ahead for holiday prices and specials.
AJ’s Family Fun Center
- Address: 4400 Ball Park Drive, Comstock Park
- Phone: 616-785-0077
- Cost: Varies by attraction ($5/Go-Karts, $5/mini golf for kids, $5/bumper boats, $7/double boats)
“Family fun center” is right! This popular destination features go-karts, kiddie-karts, mini golf, arcade games, batting cages, bumper boats and more. Plus you’ll find refreshments to keep everyone energized for all the fun activities.
ArtEngage Creation Station
- Address: 3150 Plainfield Ave., B3, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-617-9550
- Cost: Prices vary; call in advance
What’s more fun than playing with paint? Playing with paint in someone else’s place. This popular painting studio for families is all about STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) and encourages kids to play while learning. Sign up for a painting class with your kids or head over for open paint times. Check the schedule in advance for available times.
- Address: 2978 28th St. SE, Kentwood
- Phone: 616-200-6956
- Cost: Walk-ins: $11/ages 3-10, $8/ages 2 and under
Come in during open play times to bounce and slide on the inflatables, play on the huge indoor climbing structure, check out the light-up floor and more. The best part? Open play “walk-ins” are welcome every day of the week during normal business hours – and there’s no limit to how long you and your kids can play. Snacks are available so you can re-fuel.
Chuck E. Cheese’s
- Address: 3671 28th St. SE, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-942-7993
- Cost: Free/admission, costs/tokens
You can’t go wrong with a classic! Chuck E. Cheese’s is full of fun arcade-style games, each offering tickets your kids can collect to get a prize before they leave. Grab some appetizers or pizza and make a day of it. Also a popular spot for birthday parties.
Craig’s Cruisers Family Fun Centers
- Address: 5730 Clyde Park SW, Wyoming
- Phone: 616-530-2900
- Cost: Prices vary by attraction
Families can enjoy go-karts, laser tag, mini golf, bumper boats/cars, a ropes course and more. Check ahead for special promotions like “Wristband Wednesdays” where $25.99 per person gets you a wristband offering unlimited fun from 4 to 9 p.m. Bring your appetite for the pizza buffet!
For the Kidz Gymnastics and Trampoline
- Address: 1391 Gezon Parkway, Wyoming
- Phone: 616-726-7979
- Cost: Two hours of open gym: $10/ages 4-plus, $5/ages 3 and younger, free/crawlers
This gymnastics center offers classes and a preschool, plus the chance for students and non-students to come and enjoy the gymnastics equipment for some unstructured playtime. Kids are welcome to use the equipment during open gym (check ahead for times) with supervision from coaches. Birthday parties, camps and field trips are also available here.
Goldfish Swim School
- Address: 2845 Thornhills Ave., Suite S, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-259-0725
- Cost: Contact for details
It’ll feel like a vacation when you take the kids for open swim at this local swim school. Family swim is open to anyone in the community – not just enrolled swim students – so grab your swimsuits and head on over for some splashing fun. This program is offered weekly throughout the year. Check the online calendar for times or call for details.
Grand Rapids Children’s Museum
- Address: 11 Sheldon Ave. NE, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-235-4726
- Cost: $8.50/ages 1-64, free/younger than age 1, $7.50/seniors
This popular Grand Rapids spot has endless fun for families, from daily story times and “messy art” programs to open paint and more – in addition to the exciting exhibits. On Tuesdays, bring the little ones for Toddler Time. It’s a chance for kids ages 0-3 to make music, enjoy sensory play, work on art projects and other fun activities.
- Address: 2306 Camelot Ridge Court SE, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-956-0586
- Cost: Drop in play: $5/members, $10/nonmembers (parents and infants get in free)
Looking for something to do on a weekday or Saturday afternoon? Come in from noon to 1 p.m. these days for Open Gym. Kids get to spend an hour getting out their energy on the equipment with coaches on hand to assist as needed.
Jester’s Court Party and Play Center
- Address: 3707 Northridge Drive NW, Grand Rapids Charter Township
- Phone: 616-784-5437
- Cost: $12/ages 12 and under, $6/ages 3 and under, $2/adults, free/under 9 months
This indoor playground has endless fun for kids. Let them explore the huge inflatables and the expansive enclosed jungle gym. This fun center is best for kids ages 12 and under and is open six days per week. It’s West Michigan’s largest indoor entertainment center.
- Address: 3478 Fairlanes Ave., Grandville
- Phone: 616-530-9222
- Cost: $6.95/ages 2-plus, $3.95/ages 12-23 months, free/younger than 1
Admission here gets your kids an unlimited amount of time playing on the inflatables, swinging bridges, spider nets, ball pools, rope climbs and more. A second, smaller-scale play area is offered for younger kids. Arcade games and birthday parties are also available.
- Address: 2845 Thornhills Ave. SE, Suite A, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-957-4900
- Cost: $8/members, $10/nonmembers
Open gym (days/times vary) give kids a chance to check out all the facilities, including the foam pits, “Tumble Track” and trampolines. Coaches are in the gym for supervision during open gym times. Bonus for parents: the lobby and viewing area has coffee and snacks so parents can watch the fun in comfort.
Salvation Army Kroc Center
- Address: 2500 S. Division Ave., Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-588-7200
- Cost: Day passes: $7.50/ages 12-plus, $5.50/ages 0-11
This unique center is located on more than 20 acres and offers something for people of all ages. The Aquatics Center has a lazy river, water slide and zero-depth entry area with a play structure. The center’s outdoor campus – open to the public when not being used for center programs – has a playground, slip-and-slide/sledding hill, sand volleyball court, community garden plots for rent and more. Inside, there’s also a 26-foot rock formation for climbing and a smaller 10-foot wall for kids. Day- and month-passes, plus memberships, are available.
- Address: 3636 29th St. SE, Kentwood
- Phone: 616-214-4221
- Cost: Prices vary by day/time; reserve jump time online or call for details
Bring the family for a bouncing good time exploring tons of trampolines. Score some baskets or play some dodgeball or volleyball while you’re there, too. And what could be more fun than jumping into the huge “Foam Zone”? Parents of little ones can reserve time during special “Toddler Time” hours for ages 5 and younger.
- Address: 629 Leonard St. NW, Grand Rapids
- Phone: 616-454-4482
- Cost: Monday-Thursday: $2/game, $2/shoe rental; Friday-Sunday: $4/game, $3/shoe rental
Have a family bowling day! Head to this local spot for some friendly competition that everyone can enjoy. Here you’ll find a bi-level, 16-lane bowling center that’s also a great place for parties.
Photo courtesy of AirTime Trampoline.
This post was originally published in 2017 and is updated regularly.