Summer is so yummy that you could just shovel it up and eat it. And now, kids can do just that – metaphorically and for real – with this quirky edible kinetic sand recipe-craft that tastes like hot chocolate.
Most of the ingredients you probably already have at home. Gather them and in just a few minutes you can have a pile of moldable, buildable, edible sand that your kids will enjoy for hours.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oil (vegetable or canola)
- 4 Tbsp. hot chocolate powder
- Large bowl
- Mix the flour and oil in the large bowl.
- Add in the hot chocolate powder.
- Stir together for kinetic sand that can be squished, built, molded – and, if you’d like, eaten!
This recipe was reprinted with permission from Awesome Edible Kids Crafts by Arena Blake, Page Street Publishing Co., 2019. Nab the cookbook on Amazon for $21.99 and try all 75 edible creations.
Looking for even more fun kid-friendly recipes? Check out the recipe section on MetroParent.com.