Excerpted with permission from Pimp My Noodles by Kathy Kordalis, published by Hardie Grant Books.
Pasta meets pizza – need we say more? Celebrate National Noodle Month with this kid-delighting mashup featuring chorizo, pesto and mozzarella.
- 2 packs instant ramen noodles, cooked according to the packet instructions
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 oz. grated or shredded mozzarella
- 1 oz. chorizo, chopped and cooked
- 1 Tbsp. green pesto
- Mix noodles and egg in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in an 8-inch pan over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add noodle mixture and press with the bottom of a spatula into an even layer that completely covers the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until soft; then remove from the pan and place onto a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add toppings to base and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from sheet, slide onto a plate, slice and eat.