Sure, a plate of spaghetti, a couple tacos or a burger and fries might be your standard dinnertime go-to, but sometimes a person just wants a couple eggs, hash browns and a slice of toast at the end of a long day.
And that’s exactly what you’ll get at these metro Detroit and Ann Arbor eateries that serve breakfast for dinner.
Take a peek at our top 10 restaurants with an all-day breakfast menu and swing by for a plate of grits, biscuits and gravy or sausage and pancakes any time of day — and if we missed your favorite breakfast for dinner spot, let us know in the comments so that we can add them to the list!
Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some local restaurants may close suddenly, enforce safety guidelines or offer carry-out only for periods of time. Check ahead before heading out.
- Address: 4389 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor
- Hours: 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday
Choose from daily breakfast specials at 10% off or order eggs, omelets pancakes and more from the menu. All breakfast orders are served with toast and your choice of hash browns or two pancakes. Skillets and Belgian waffles available, too.
Andary’s Family Grill
- Address: 23447 Gratiot Ave., Eastpointe
- Hours: 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 6 a.m. Sunday
Andary’s Special comes with two eggs, any style, three slices of bacon, two sausages, ham, pineapple, hash browns and toast. You can also enjoy steak and eggs, hash, pancakes, French toast or breakfast sandwiches.
Charlie’s Family Restaurant
- Address: 29084 Campbell, Madison Heights
- Hours: 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday
All egg orders come with three eggs, toast and jelly. You can get them hash browns, pancakes and different meats, too. Other options include Charlie’s skillet, which comes with grilled bacon, sausage, ham, onions, green peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes on top of hash browns, cheese and three eggs, or omelets, biscuits and gravy and crepes.
Classic Family Grill
- Address: 34553 Utica Road, Fraser
- Hours: 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
Breakfast specials at this spot include The Classic, which comes with three large eggs, ham, sausage, bacon, hash browns and toast, or The Special, which comes with two large eggs, your choice of ham, bacon or sausage, hash browns and toast. You can also get egg sandwiches or breakfast burritos. Add $.99 after 11 a.m.
- Address: 2600 W. 14 Mile Road, Royal Oak and 29022 Stephenson Highway, Madison Heights
- Hours: Vary by location
Enjoy a full breakfast with three fresh eggs, two slices of bacon, two sausages, ham, potatoes and toast with jelly or omelets served with potatoes, sliced tomato, toast and jelly, skillets with toast and jelly, eggs benedicts, scramble, waffles, pancakes, breakfast tacos and much more.
- Address: 9488 Conner, Detroit
- Hours: 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Sunday
Pancakes, waffles, grits and omelets with your favorite breakfast sides are all on the menu at this breakfast spot. Plus, get your fill of meat, fried fish, shrimp, chicken and more.
- Address: 488 Selden St., Detroit
- Hours: 7 a.m.-2 a.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-2 a.m. Saturday-Sunday
All-day breakfast and brunch means you can get Butterfinger pancakes with sausage, bacon or ham, or a Patty melt on the same order. Other breakfast options include The Special (two eggs, hash browns, toast and choice of meat), the Big “O” Omelet (filled with tomato, spinach, onion, zucchini, green pepper, mushrooms, broccoli and Swiss cheese) and much more.
- Address: 23481 Groesbeck Highway, Clinton Township
- Hours: 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Sunday
This local eatery has been serving up great homemade food since 1977. Try the Famous Breakfast Special, which include two eggs, two strips of bacon, two sausages, hash browns and toast for $6.50. Omelets, pancakes, waffles and French toast, too.
- Address: 11747 13 Mile Road, Warren
- Hours: 8 a.m.-8 p.m. daily
Soups, salad, sandwiches and dinner options like veal, chicken breast and baked ham are on the regular menu, but breakfast all day means you can get omelets, pancakes and more, too. Choose from broccoli, bacon and Greek omelets or potato, cinnamon swirl and silver dollar pancakes.
- Address: 3030 Washtenaw Ave., Suite 101, Ann Arbor
- Hours: 9 a.m.-9 p.m. daily
Enjoy all-day brunch inside, on the patio or via carry-out. Choose from Nutella-banana, strawberry-banana or the Zola’s Harvest crepes. There’s also waffles, omelets, smoked salmon, French toast and more. Burgers and sandwiches, too.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.