See ya never, 2022! The new year is fast approaching and you might be wondering how you can give it a warm welcome without leaving home this year.
It can be done and our at-home New Year’s Eve guide can help you plan everything from the food and drinks your family rings 2023 in with to some fun crafts to bid adieu to 2022, activity ideas, resolution tips and much more!
Take a peek at some of our favorite ideas below and let us know what your ultimate goal for 2023 is in the comments.
The food and drink
Just because your family isn’t going out this year, doesn’t mean that you can’t treat them to a fun and festive meal — drinks and all.
For those who want to cook at home with the kids though, here are some of our favorite recipes:
- New Year’s Eve Party Snacks and Beverages for Family Fun: Get recipes for bacon-wrapped BBQ shrimp, lime sherbet punch and apple ginger sparklers — yum!
- Cheese Ball Recipes for Your New Year’s Party: Cheese balls are a NYE favorite and these delicious recipes kick the tradition into overdrive.
- Simple, Healthy Meals for the New Year: Start your 2023 resolutions a day early with eats like whole wheat pita bread pizza or herb-crusted tilapia with lemon potatoes.
- Mocktails for Kids: Kids want to toast to the New Year, too! Let them with the New Year’s Eve drinks for kids.
Looking for something to do before you watch the ball drop? Consider a New Year’s Eve event in Metro Detroit and Ann Arbor or try a new craft idea with your kids…
- New Year’s Crafts: DIY Fun for Kids: Gather a few common home items and let the kids go wild creating confetti poppers, a New Year’s Eve countdown clock and more.
- New Year’s Noisemakers Craft for Kids: Let your kids make a little noise when the clock strikes midnight with this noisemaker how-to.
- New Year’s Eve Crafts for Kids: Try a pop-up firework craft, New Year’s Eve wishing tree and more!
The New Year is a great time to reflect on ourselves and improve on things that we’re not happy with — this goes for kids too.
If you want your family to set and keep resolutions this year, first learn how to set them with your kids, then consider some of these ideas:
And if you’re worried about keeping them, don’t forget to thumb through these tips to help you achieve it.
Happy New Year!
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.