Does it seem like your kid is constantly outgrowing his or her clothes? It’s probably reality. Children grow like weeds, and taking a trip to the mall every time they need something new can get expensive. That’s where a resale or consignment shop steps in. These stores take in or buy gently used clothing and sell those garments at greatly reduced costs — and many of them offer high-end or brand-name options.
Here, we’ve compiled a list of 11 top kids resale shops in metro Detroit and Ann Arbor. Find one near you and take your kiddo on a bargain shopping spree. Note: Hours may change seasonally, so it’s best to call or check ahead for the latest.
- Address: 153 E. Main St., Northville
- Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-4 p.m. Sunday
This one-stop shop has been in business for almost 30 years and sells gently used clothes for newborns to teens in brands like Gap, Ralph Lauren and more. There’s baby furniture, equipment, accessories, toys and books, too.
- Address: 44915 Hayes Road, Sterling Heights
- Hours: Temporarily closed; opening under new ownership — check social media for updates
This national resale chain carries beloved baby and children’s brands like Gap, Janie & Jack, Baby Bjorn, Melissa & Doug, Ralph Lauren and more.
- Address: 2521 Jackson Ave., Ann Arbor
- Hours: 9:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday
This spot stocks gently used and new kids’ clothing, equipment, toys, accessories and more up to size 16 for girls and 18 for boys. Plus, a portion of proceeds are donated to various autism-related organizations.
- Address: 50432 Schoenherr Road, Shelby Township
- Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday (may vary by season)
Choose from a wide variety of apparel for newborns to kids size 10. Plus toys and baby items in an organized, clean environment for a sweet shopping experience.
- Ann Arbor: 4559 Washtenaw Ave.; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday
- Brighton: 8675 W. Grand River Ave.; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Sunday
- Canton: 1759 N. Canton Center Road; 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, closed Sunday
- Novi: 41810 W. 10 Mile Road; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday
- Troy: 6029 Rochester Road; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m-5 p.m. Sunday
Visit one of the state’s many locations for a huge selection of gently-used furniture, apparel, toys and decorations for infants and kids. Inventory expands daily, so visit frequently for new finds. Look for locations in Battle Creek, Flint Jackson, Lansing, Monroe, Okemos, Portage, Saginaw, Traverse City, Walker and Wyoming.
- Allen Park: 23021 Outer Drive; 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday
- Ann Arbor: 860 W. Eisenhower Parkway; 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon- 6 p.m. Sunday
- Brighton: 8491 W. Grand River Ave., Suite #550; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday
- Canton: 44720 Ford Road; 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Sunday
- Madison Heights: 32105 John R. Road; noon-7 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Sunday
- Novi: 43283 Crescent Blvd.; 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Sunday
- Rochester Hills: 3104 Walton Blvd.;10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday
- St. Clair Shores: 22105 Greater Mack; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday
- Utica: 13287 Hall Road; 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday
Stock up on the latest styles and popular brands that teens and tweens adore. Find tags from American Eagle, Hollister, Forever 21, Wet Seal and PINK – all at discounted prices you’ll love. More locations in Battle Creek, Brighton, East Lansing, Flint, Grand Rapids, Grandville, Jackson, Muskegon, Portage, Saginaw and Traverse City.
- Address: 23700 Woodward Ave., Pleasant Ridge
- Hours: noon-5 p.m. Sunday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday-Saturday
These shops both take current, vintage and retro styles of men and women’s clothing, but you’ll find all the maternity and kid’s sizes at the Clawson location.
- Eastpointe: 18859 E. Nine Mile Road; 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Saturday, closed Sunday
- Grosse Pointe Woods: 20467 Mack Ave.; 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, closed Sunday-Monday
- St. Clair Shores: 31252 Harper Ave.; 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Saturday, closed Sunday
Peruse this shop for gently used clothing, baby equipment, costume jewelry, sporting gear, camping equipment and more.
- Address: 433 S. Main St., Rochester
- Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday-Monday
The store boasts clothing and accessories for infants and toddlers, plus room decor, baby gear, games and movies. Prices are low and inventory changes daily. Consignments by appointment only.
- Address: 22433 Middlebelt Road, Farmington Hills
- Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday
This kids resale shop opened in 2019 and features a variety of kids clothing for newborns to kids in size 14. All clothing items are handpicked and screened to ensure quality. Pair your new-to-you finds with accessories designed by the owner’s three daughters.
- Address: 27 S. Broadway, Lake Orion
- Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday
This consignment and new clothing stores offers brand-named clothing, purses, shoes and more for kids, juniors and women. New merchandise comes in daily.
Tot not quite ready for a big kid shop? See out list of baby stores in metro Detroit for tinier options.
This post is updated regularly.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.