Need a pick me up? Seek repose from a busy schedule, and swing into one of southeast Michigan’s many indie coffee shops for a personalized touch on your favorite brews. While Starbucks’ neon signs may shine brightest, independent cafés are staffed by rock-star baristas who know how to please your palate with their artisan concoctions and designs. So treat yourself, and checkout this roundup of some of the area’s coolest independent coffee shops, from Ann Arbor coffee shops to coffee shops in Detroit and beyond.
Have a favorite independent coffee shop you’d like to see added to the list? Leave us a note in the comments section and share why it’s your favorite.
Detroit Shipping Co.
- Address: 474 Peterboro St., Detroit
- Hours: Peterboro: 4-10 p.m. Thursday-Friday, noon-10 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, closed Monday and Tuesday
Wayne State University
- Address: 4830 Cass Ave., Suite A, Detroit
- Hours: 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
This coffee and creamery place serves rich and creamy ice cream and coffee with beans delivered from small farmers around the world.
- Address: 2263 W. Liberty St., Ann Arbor
- Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. daily
Tons of signature drinks to choose from. Some include 19’s tea, mocha latte and classic latte. Baked goods, too.
- Address: 31 N. Saginaw St., Pontiac
- Hours: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday, closed Saturday and Sunday
Opened by a veteran chef in the historic Indian Hill building last year, you can now get your cappuccinos, espressos and macchiato in downtown Pontiac. The menu boasts a wide range of teas, sandwiches, slices of pie and gelato to sate a sweet tooth.
- Address: 19215 Merriman Road, Livonia
- Hours: 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, closed Saturday-Monday
It was created in 2019 as a place where people with and without disabilities can work in an inclusive and supportive environment. Offers lattes, unicorn hot chocolate, assorted teas and breakfast and lunch food.
- Address: 1948 Division St., Suite 102, Detroit
- Hours: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. daily
They source, roast and brew tasty coffee. The minimalist shop specializes in espresso beverages and drip drinks.
- Address: 4884 Grand Ave., Unit 1A, Detroit
- Hours: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday-Sunday, closed Monday-Tuesday
This hip joint in Detroit’s historic Corktown neighborhood serves coffee from roasters across the country. Savor in-house baked treats and fresh sandwiches made with organic, natural ingredients.
- Address: 401 S. Main St., Royal Oak
- Hours: 7 a.m.-10 p.m. daily, kitchen open daily until 2 p.m.
Swig a cold brew with a frothy finish (think of a stout beer texture, but with coffee!). Find breakfast and lunch, made to order, and handcrafted smoothies too.
- Address: 4224 Third Ave., Detroit
- Hours: 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, closed Sunday-Monday
Has rich, farmer direct coffee, handmade cinnamon rolls, sandwiches and snacks. Also, lattes, cold brew, frappes, cappuccinos and more.
- Address: 439 S. Main St., Rochester
- Hours: 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday
Featuring espressos and an impressive selection of teas and specialty drinks — there’s a cup here to sate any thirst. And don’t neglect their baked sweets.
- Address: 1521 Putnam St., Detroit
- Hours: 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday-Monday, closed Tuesday-Thursday
A full bike service and coffee shop all in one. The coffee is from Ypsilanti’s Hyperion Coffee Co. There’s also mocha, cappuccino, hot chocolate, latte, espresso and more.
- Address: 55 Macomb Place, Mount Clemens
- Hours: 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, closed Monday
Check out the comfy, aesthetic atmosphere in downtown Mount Clemens. They offer coffee, tea, wraps, macaroons, salads and more.
- Address: 1423 E. Stadium Blvd., Ann Arbor
- Hours: 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday
The coffee bar includes brewed coffee, latte, macchiato, cold brew, Cubano and more. Also, breakfast, lunch and brunch items along with sides and sweets.
- Address: 248 E. Auburn Road, Rochester
- Hours: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. daily
This family-owned business has coffee, espresso, lattes, teas and other sweet treats like French macaroons and mochi ice cream.
- Address: 2850 Orchard Lake Road, Keego Harbor
- Hours: 6 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday
Their menu includes brewed coffee, espresso, hot chocolate, tea, latte, cappuccino, and frozen coffee drinks. Also, serves breakfast, lunch and combo meals.
- Address: 7025 E. Michigan Ave., Suite M, Saline
- Hours: 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday
Step into this cozy, family-owned café to snag a French press coffee and a baked goodie. Check out their breakfast offerings for on the go and find lunch choices for the kids.
- Address: 2287 Holbrook St., Hamtramck
- Hours: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
Housed in a building constructed by two Polish immigrants in 1923, the building has since been restored to its original charm. Stop in to taste a blended brew, sandwich or Sunday bagel.
- Address: 3100 Woodward Ave., Detroit
- Hours: 8 a.m.-4 p.m. daily
Drinks include brewed coffee, tea, nitro cold brew, mocha, matcha and more.
- Address: 4979 Livernois Road, Troy
- Hours: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
This espresso and tea bar offers espresso-based and non-espresso-based drinks, loose tea, croissant sandwiches, avocado toasts and other specials.
- Address: 23415 Greater Mack Ave., St. Clair Shores
- Hours: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday
Stop in for smoothies and specialty coffee drinks. Lounge out on the patio during the summer, and peruse the full-service menu, featuring soups, salads, paninis, and sandwiches, made fresh.
- Address: 206 E. Huron St., Suite 2, Ann Arbor
- Hours: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Saturday, closed Sunday
Some of their beverages include salted caramel latte, lavender latte, maple latte, matcha latte, chai latte and more.
- Address: 24394 Crocker Blvd., Clinton Township
- Hours: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday, closed Sunday-Tuesday
Find out how Che Cosa has pleased customers’ palates for almost 20 years. Come in for coffee, tea or yummy treat or take some of their fresh roasted coffee home with you.
- Address: 44621 Mound Round, Sterling Heights
- Hours: 11 a.m.-11 p.m. daily
Come try one of their delicious French pastries, acai bowls, rolled ice cream, smoothies, homemade ice cream, French crepes and coffees. Latte flavors are caramel, mocha, vanilla, toasted marshmallow, matcha, raspberry, Nutella, glitter and coconut.
- Address: 6623 Allen Road, Allen Park
- Hours: 9 a.m.-10 p.m. daily
Plop down into a lounge chair at this downriver coffeehouse that serves specialties like “dharma bum” tea (that’s black tea with steamed milk and almond flavor) and seasonal apple cider. And with syrups galore, there’s no shortage of gingerbread, banana nut, brown sugar lattes and more.
- Address: 19156 E. 10 Mile Road, Eastpointe
- Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday
Take a break at this café where the folks roast the beans and bake their own pastries. Find non-caffeinated beverages and cozy teas too.
- Address: 607 Shelby St., Detroit
- Hours: 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday-Tuesday, 8 a.m.-noon Wednesday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday
Offers classics and Australian favorites, which features espresso-based drinks with a focus on the ratio of espresso to milk and drip coffee. Also, tea, hot cocoa and chai.
- Address: 16 Nickels Arcade, Ann Arbor
- Hours: 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday-Sunday
Since 2009, this coffee house has been serving coffee and sweet bites in Nickels Arcade, a pedestrian walkway running from State Street to Maynard.
- Address: 22225 Michigan Ave., Dearborn
- Hours: 10 a.m.-11 p.m. daily
Try a nitro coffee or tea, mocha, black honey, affogato, dirty chai latte, honey lavender matcha latte and more. Also, sandwiches, pastries and soup are on the menu.
- Address: 925 N. Lapeer Road, Suite 123, Oxford
- Hours: 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday
Enjoy your hot beverage in a cozy ambiance. Serves food, too.
- Address: 300 Hamilton Row, Birmingham
- Hours: 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday, 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday, 7:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday
Try a cappuccino, latte, matcha espresso, sweet matcha latte, chai latte, more. Has monthly features and a full food menu.
- Address: 317 W. Cross St., Ypsilanti
- Hours: 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
Savor in-house roasted coffee, with specialty drinks like espresso, lattes and loose-leaf teas. Got the munchies? Choose among a variety of bagel sandwiches and vegan cookies. As a participant in Ypsilanti First Fridays, the cafe hosts local bands and artists on the first Friday of the month.
- Address: 1220 Griswold St., Detroit
- Hours: 6 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday, 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Sunday
- Address: 336 S. Main St., Rochester
- Hours: 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Sunday
- Address: 115 S. Main St., Royal Oak
- Hours: 7 a.m.-10 p.m. daily
Feel like you’re living for Friday? Many Detroiters find this coffee shop a pleasant respite from the day-to-day grind. Here you can treat yourself to a pour-over coffee, an espresso, dessert or pastry.
- Address: 29039 Southfield Road, Southfield
- Hours: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday, closed Monday
The shops specialty donuts change daily. They offer cold brew, Frappuccino, coffee, latte, cappuccino, more.
- Address: 770 Woodward Heights, Ferndale
- Hours: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday-Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
Menu has hot and cold drink options. Also, house-made syrups and vegan and gluten free options.
- Address: 44635 Schoenherr Road, Sterling Heights
- Hours: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday
Enjoy a hot or cold cup of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cold brew, nitro cold brew and more. Food menu includes sandwiches, soup and salads.
- Address: 30625 Jefferson Ave., St. Clair Shores
- Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. daily
Has coffee, espresso, tea and other beverages at this local café. Specialty drinks include Reese, mocha, caramel apple and Oreo frappe. Has wraps, sandwiches, soup, salad and desserts, too.
- Address: 9 S. Washington St., Oxford
- Hours: 6 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday
They use locally roasted organic beans for their coffee and invented the bagel bomb, homemade bagel dough stuffed with eggs, meat, jelly, cheese or veggies.
- Address: 29936 W. 12 Mile Road, Farmington Hills
- Hours: 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday
Check out their new location located at 12 Mile Road and Orchard Lake Road. Enjoy coffee, ice cream, hot chocolate, tea, pastries and sandwiches.
- Address: 1701 Trumball Ave., Detroit
- Hours: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday-Monday, Wednesday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday-Saturday
Has a walk-up window where you can pick up your coffee at. Menu includes espresso, juice, sandwiches, baked goods and more.
- Address: 2771 Woodward Ave., Detroit
- Hours: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday, closed Friday-Saturday
Find freshly brewed espressos, French-pressed coffee, and mochas mixed with a melted truffle of your choice. More of a tea drinker? They have Mighty Leaf tea, French macarons, and light lunches too.
- Address: 2509 Russell St., Detroit
- Hours: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Saturday
A store and coffee shop in one. Sells nuts and coffee to take home. Features pout-over java and espresso drinks in a rustic-chic setting.
- Address: 389 Enterprise Ct., Bloomfield Township
- Hours: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, closed Saturday-Sunday
- Address: 3965 Woodward Ave., Detroit
- Hours: 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday
- Address: 30955 Woodward Ave., #305, Royal Oak
- Hours: 7 a.m.-4 p.m. daily
Aside from roasting their own coffee, Great Lakes serves traditional Italian coffee drinks, plus specialty drinks. You can get pour over coffees or try one of their homemade flavored syrups.
- Address: 13810 Michigan Ave., Dearborn
- Hours: 7 a.m.-11 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-midnight Friday, 9 a.m.-midnight Saturday-Sunday
Enjoy traditional Yemeni coffee and pastries at this coffee house. Some of the drinks include Haraz latte, pistaccio latte, Turkish coffee, Iraqui and Adani teas and more.
- Address: 150 S. Washington St., Oxford
- Hours: 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday, closed Sunday
Try iced or hot coffee drinks, hot of iced tea drinks, smoothies and smoothie bowls at this coffee shop. Also, has paninis, crepes, salads, soup and pastries to eat.
- Address: 1952 S. Telegraph Road, Bloomfield Township
- Hours: 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, closed Monday
Has a great selection of coffee drinks and food items on their menu. Try a chai tea latte, toffee coffee, espresso, more. Seasonal coffees and lattes, too.
- Address: 50927 Hayes Road, Shelby Township
- Hours: 7:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Friday, noon-4 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday
Get frisky for fall at this coffee house with pumpkin spice lattes and hot caramel apple cider. But enjoy a variety of coffee drinks, sandwiches, soups and desserts year-round.
- Address: 165 W. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale
- Hours: 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday
Selling caffeinated brews since 1999, this café serves hot and cold drinks, grilled paninis and morning bagel sandwiches. Find non-dairy milks, as well as vegan and gluten-free snack items too.
- Address: 8074 Main St., Dexter
- Hours: 7 a.m.-6 p.m. daily
The beverage menu features organic fair-trade coffee, soy and chai lattes, and loose-leaf teas. You can also find seasonal gluten-free and vegan products.
- Address: 22 S. Main St., Clawson
- Hours: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday
You can add flavor shots to their coffee drinks, which include mint, raspberry, amaretto, chocolate, cherry, hazelnut, caramel, Irish cream and vanilla. Many desserts to choose from, too.
- Address: 35634 Michigan Ave., Wayne
- Hours: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday-Friday, closed Saturday-Sunday
Hot drinks include drip coffee, cowboy coffee, cappuccino, chai, mocha, latte, more. Cold drinks include iced chai, iced mocha, iced coffee, frappe, smoothie and more.
- Address: 505 E. Liberty St., Suite 300, Ann Arbor
- Hours: 10 a.m.- 6:30 p.m. daily
Stop by to sip a pour-over coffee or one of many of an impressive selection of teas. Try one of their tasty treats, too.
- Address: 2000 Michigan Ave., 2nd floor, Detroit
- Hours: 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, closed Monday
Grosse Pointe Park
- Address: 14940 Kercheval Ave., Grosse Pointe Park
- Hours: 8 a.m.-noon Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, closed Monday
Take some whole bean coffee or homemade pastries and desserts to go or at their shop.
- Address: 1413 Farmers St., Detroit
- Hours: 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday
Tons of coffee blends to choose from. Try in house or take it home. Iced lattes, matcha’s and more.
- Address: 215 N. Main St., Romeo
- Hours: 6 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
Check out their specialty coffee drinks including vanilla cream cold brew, chai latte, matcha latte, more. Also, breakfast and lunch available anytime. Drink of the month, too.
- Address: 31225 Southfield Road, Beverly Hills
- Hours: 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday, 8:30 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday, 8:30 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday
Enjoy your coffee out on the patio on a sunny day or inside all cozy up on a couch on a cool and rainy day. Free Wi-Fi and plenty of outlets. Offers coffee, espresso, cold brew, nitro cold brew, lattes and more.
- Address: 217 N. Main St., Ann Arbor and 3010 Washtenaw Ave., #111, Ann Arbor
- Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. daily
Try some mighty good coffee and tea at this community favorite. Have beans shipped to your door or take one of their classes in the training lab.
- Address: 447 E. Milwaukee Ave., Detroit
- Hours: 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
It’s an Italian-inspired coffee bar with a walk-up bar. Order a latte, cappuccino, expresso, macchiato, mocha or more.
- Address: 5151 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor
- Hours: 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Saturday, closed Sunday
Have an espresso drink like an americano, dirty chai or mocha or try a non-espresso drink like a steamer, regular chai tea, hot chocolate, more.
- Address: 85 Kercheval Ave., Grosse Pointe Farms
- Hours: 6 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
The shop sells coffee, French press, nitro cold brew and lattes. They also offer iced chai tea, smoothies and whole bags of coffee for you to take home. Cases of delicious treats for you eat with your coffee drink.
- Address: 5632 Dixie Hwy., Waterford Township
- Hours: 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
This drive thru coffee shop has so many wonderful drinks to choose from. Some signature drinks are the muddy chai, raspberry white truffle and nutty buddy. They also offer some classics like mocha, café latte, Ghiradelli hot chocolate and more. Also, grab and go snacks.
- Address: 23303 Orchard Lake Road, Farmington
- Hours: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, closed Sunday-Monday
There’s a bunch of hot and cold drinks to choose from. There’s café mocha, flat white, espresso, French press, caramel macchiato and chai tea latte.
- Address: 19331 Livernois, Detroit
- Hours: 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Saturday
Sells baked goods and hot and cold beverages like caramel mocha, chai latte, hot cocoa, mocha freeze, ice coffee and more. Nearly 20 smoothie flavors, too.
- Address: 47490 Grand River Ave., Novi
- Hours: 6:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, 6:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday-Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday
They offer lots of signature drinks like coconut cream delight, caramel cocoa clash, Denver mink, bonfire mocha, muddy chai latte, red tuxedo, zebra mocha and more.
- Address: 10215 Joseph Campau, Hamtramck
- Hours: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Saturday
A coffee shop during the day, an art gallery at night and hosts events year-round.
- Address: 2595 S. Rochester Road, Rochester Hills
- Hours: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday-Thursday, noon-11 p.m. Friday-Saturday
This shop is well known for their coffee buns, which has flavors like Nutella and PB&J. Pair it with a caramel macchiato, espresso or cappuccino. Has teas and smoothies, too.
- Address: 152 Barker Road, Whitmore Lake
- Hours: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday, open mic nights (last Friday of every month) 7-9 p.m.
Find coffees and lattes, smoothies, Italian and French sodas, soups, sandwiches and more. There’s live music, poetry readings and book signings on the weekends. Check out the monthly open mic nights.
- Address: 884 Penniman Ave., Plymouth
- Hours: 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 6 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday, 7 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday, 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Sunday
Check out Michigan’s longest running independent coffee shop. Check their calendar online for a list of upcoming live music performances.
- Address: 6655 Schaefer Road, Dearborn
- Hours: 7 a.m.-11 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Sunday
This authentic middle eastern dessert place offers great coffee and tea options.
- Address: 1273 N. Commerce Road, Commerce Township
- Hours: 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
All their coffee is made with 100% premium Yemeni beans prepared many ways such as traditional Yemeni, espresso or pour over. Also has pastries such as coconut cake, peanut bar, honeycomb and cake pop.
- Address: 505 N. Center St., #1261, Northville
- Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday
They offer all the coffee classics like espresso, cortado, cappuccino, espresso macchiato, affogato, americano and latte. Can purchase coffee by the bag to take home.
- Address: 660 Woodward Ave., Detroit
- Hours: 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Friday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
The Roasting Plant boasts sourcing “the freshest premium crops of green coffee,” so customers can taste clean brews. Here, coffee fanatics can find the flavors of the world from destinations like Guatemala, Indonesia, Central America and Africa, and more.
- Address: 1155 Rosewood St., Suite B, Ann Arbor and 117 E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor
- Hours: Rosewood Street: 8 a.m.-4 p.m. daily; Liberty Street: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, closed Monday
Committed to the local economy, RoosRoast roasts its own beans to concoct mean brews. Taste one of their coffee, teas, cold brew, ginger lemon tea, hot chocolate cold brew and more.
- Address: 25070 Woodward Ave., Royal Oak
- Hours: 7 a.m.-7 p.m. daily
There are tons of signature blends to choose from like honey joy, almond joy, café miel, spiced chai, lavender latte, Mexican mocha and more.
- Address: 24 E. 14 Mile Road, Clawson
- Hours: 7 a.m.-7 p.m. daily
Try their coffee, tea, pastries or vegan donuts by Dooped Donuts at this location.
- Address: 163 W. Maple Road, Birmingham
- Hours: 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Tuesday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Wednesday-Sunday
This vibrant café has many coffee and food options. Many specialty coffees to choose from.
- Address: 16 W. Flint St., Lake Orion
- Hours: 6 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 6 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday, 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday
Join their coffee of the month for $15.99 every month. Try a homemade baked good with your coffee or tea. Coffee drinks include latte, flat white, cappuccino, typhoon, cold brew and more.
- Address: 1533 Winder St., Detroit
- Hours: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday
The choose-your-own-adventure-coffee lets you pick your flavor, your milk and your garnish. $20 co-working day passes are available, and members get 24/7 access to the place.
- Address: 1511 Washtenaw Ave., Ann Arbor
- Hours: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday
This non-profit coffeehouse offers mocha, latte, Americano, cappuccino, espresso and more in a peaceful environment.
- Address: 9321 Rosa Parks Blvd., Detroit
- Hours: 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, closed Monday
Coffee menu has many signature drinks including vanilla lattes, spicy mocha, mocha, lavender lattes and other seasonal options. Also, cold brew, nitro cold brew London fog tea lattes, chai lattes and more.
- Address: 67370 Van Dyke, Washington
- Hours: 8 a.m.-9 p.m. daily
This coffee and smoothie place has tons to choose from. Try a regular coffee or iced latte. If you’re really feeling daring, try “The Bulldog,” which is blended coffee, marshmallows, chocolate, graham crackers and whipped cream on top.
- Address: 29200 Hoover Road, Warren
- Hours: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Tuesday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Wednesday, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Thursday, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday
A Bohemian style coffee house that serves expresso, milkshakes, paninis, salads, wraps and more.
- Address: 1336 S. Main St., Ann Arbor
- Hours: 6:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday
Taste an organic and vegan-friendly pastry while you sip on your coffee, latte, or tea at this unique spot.
- Address: 2831 E. Grand Blvd., Detroit
- Hours: 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
Get an americano, cappuccino, espresso or a latte at this philanthropic coffee company. Has teas and hot chocolate, too.
- Address: 402 S. Lafayette Ave., Royal Oak
- Hours: 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday
This “co-working space” features a place where professionals can buckle down and a full coffee menu. Chocked with conference rooms, lockers, power outlets galore, and all the amenities a small business might need, this is a hotspot for professionals looking to get caffeinated. Bonus: a portion of the proceeds is donated to charity. Serves up coffee from Water Street Coffee Roaster in Kalamazoo. Note: Can work in the open café, but need reservations for private offices and training rooms, available for rent by the hour.
- Address: 369 N. Main St., Milford
- Hours: 6 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, 6 a.m.-9 p.m. Thursday-Friday, 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday
- Address: 417 S. Washington Ave., Royal Oak
- Hours: 7 a.m.-9 p.m. daily
Stop in for a locally roasted coffee, scoop of gourmet ice cream or a hand-crafted sandwich or salad.
- Address: 220 W. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale
- Hours: 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday
- Address: 2761 Jefferson, Detroit
- Hours: 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday
- Address: 8025 Agnes St., Detroit
- Hours: 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday
Snag a cup of coffee, cold brew, tea, lemonade, more. Plenty of sweets and treats to choose from, too.
- Address: 2707 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor and 2891 Jackson Ave., Ann Arbor
- Hours: 8 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday, closed Monday
Come for lunch, brunch or a full coffee bar. Specialty latte flavors include lavender, tangerine lavender, fig vanilla black pepper, rosemary sea salt, cardamom rose and matcha green tea. Also, soup, sandwich and kids combos.
- Address: 49348 Pontiac Trail, Wixom
- Hours: 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday, closed Monday
Offers seasonal flavored lattes and signature lattes like buttercup café latte and cinnamon French toast café latte. Try with a baked good, breakfast, lunch or snack.
- Address: 141 E. Main St., Northville
- Hours: 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Friday-Saturday
Featuring locally roasted coffee and Guernsey Dairy milk, this coffee bar is a favorite in downtown Northville. Choose among cappuccinos, lattes, and espresso, sizable grilled sandwiches on Zingerman’s bread, a sweet slice of pie, or a cookie of the day.
- Address: 200 Grand River Ave., Detroit
- Hours: 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday and Thursday, 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Tuesday-Wednesday, 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday
Grab your chai and green tea lattes here. Popular espressos include the Pure Evil Latte with amaretto and cherry, and the Green Fairie Latte with pistachio and white chocolate. Craving something purely sweet? The Mexican Hot Chocolate has hints of banana and coconut. Temporarily closed.
- Address: 101 Main St., Chelsea
- Hours: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday
This cozy French-infused café features live music most weekends, textiles for purchase, and an extensive beverages menu featuring coffee, Italian sodas, sachet loose teas and cider. Hungry for a bite? Sit down for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
This post is updated regularly.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.